Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

The Cali is NOT an investment...it's a rotting box of metal....the VW salesman wants you to think it's an investment....!!!!
Hope my pension fund manager realises that and wasn't talked into putting my stash into VW! :D

Hi

Been reading this closely since all this broke... We love JED awesome bit off kit, will wait and see what happens BUT IF he is affected and IF it does effect the 140bhp then i will want some answers...

As has been said 140ps is more money the the lesser powered engine's and i would NOT expect less power.

There will probably be the correct fix so will sit and wait...

Just my thoughts... ☺

Shaun

I agree completely.

As for all the idiots here expressing that they will get compensation....HOT AIR.

And why would they even think they were due it ?....[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Continuing especulations...... who nows? It could happend my almos brand new 140bhp get "converted" in the brand new Euro6 with 150bhp..... especulations.... let's wait for VW information.

I've read a lot about the topic here and in Spain, and there are lot of people reading and whatching lots of mediocre medias from lot of different countries just trying to attract reader writing any especulation.

I think before jump to VW neck to bite it we should just wait and stay tuned.

Let the facts unfold over the coming weeks then deal with outcomes.

At the moment too much speculation by bedroom engineering architects. Whatever happens you will have the same van with 4 wheels that will perform the same functions. Whatever the remedy I'm sure VW will be publicly held to account to 'make good' for owners. They would not survive the long term brand damage otherwise.

Chill and let's the facts unfold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cali is NOT an investment...it's a rotting box of metal....the VW salesman wants you to think it's an investment....!!!!

Hi, you are probably right about people like me thinking their is a chance in hell of getting anything out of VW. but i will give it a go if my engine is involved.
The statement about rotting box of metal was brilliant, you just forgot to put the word expensive in

For any of you that have a vague interest in whether your vehicle has the rogue Defeat Device software i have just contacted VW Commercial UK this morning who ran my registration thru and confirmed that my vehicle does not have the device. VW will confirm this in a email to me.

For any of you that have a vague interest in whether your vehicle has the rogue Defeat Device software i have just contacted VW Commercial UK this morning who ran my registration thru and confirmed that my vehicle does not have the device. VW will confirm this in a email to me.

What year is vehicle? As a different topic Nuneaton was my home town, Attleborough.

John

I have to disagree with this. Obviously you can't expect a brand new vehicle which is not limited in number to be an appreciating asset. However, in the 3 years that I owned my new Cali it depreciated by just 7,000 pounds. Most 46,000 pound vehicles would lose more than that in the first year alone.

I had more enjoyment out of the Cali in 3 years, than I have in 10 years of owning fast cars. In that sense, it was a superb investment.

Simon

Hi,

On the German website of VWN (bussines cars) I found this form, where you can give in your vehicle identification number (VIN), to check if your Cali is victim of the diesel fraud:

http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/de/kontakt/abfrage-rueckrufaktionen.html

However, the answers given are not clear at all, in my case it was stated: "There is no action planned for your car, or we do not know your VIN. Please type in your VIN again."

Maybe the site doesn't recognize non-German cars? Would be strange, because as far as I know, the VIN has no information about the country where a car is sold.

Or maybe VW still does not know which cars are involved.

Anyway, we are just preparing the bus for a nice sunny weekend in the south of Holland. Enjoy.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Would you mind putting you VIN in the website Marchugo put up and let us know what it says!?

Spoke to my dealer today - as of this moment he does not believe my vehicle is effected but will confirm for sure next week. Fingers crossed.
Purchased April 2014

Reuters report that UK government will not hike your tax band should the "fix" produce more CO2.
Looks to me that VW will stump up the difference directly should there be one.
Rob

I have a different VW website where you can introduce your VIN number and check whether you´re affected or not. It´s only in German (at least at the moment) but it´s pretty straightforward.

Check it out: www.volkswagen.de/info

They answer in German. If what you get starts like this...

"wir möchten Ihnen bestätigen, dass das Fahrzeug mit der von Ihnen eingegebenen Fahrgestellnummer (your VIN number) nicht von der Software betroffen ist, die Stickoxidwerte (NOx) im Prüfstandlauf (NEFZ) optimiert."

…your van is not affected and shouldn´t worry

Thanks Suomi man, that's cleared that up, mine is OK (used Google Translate):-

Dear Volkswagen customer,

We would like to confirm that the vehicle with the entered VIN ****************** is not affected by the software, optimizes nitric oxide levels (NOx) in the test run (NEDC).

We deeply regret that your confidence in the brand Volkswagen is currently being tested and are working hard to educate all irregularities and fully regain the trust that so many people in us.

We will continue to inform all our customers continuously and transparently. Should you have any further questions, please use our contact function on this website.

Best regards,

Thomas tooth (Google translated this :D)
Sales and Marketing Director Germany​

Let's get back to more important issues, like enjoying our vans :)

Yes the Cali is a depreciating asset.

If not an investment, i.e. something that could appreciate in value, it is still a significant outlay and anything that could be a detrimental impact on it's resale value must be of concern to many.

We would like to confirm that the vehicle with the entered VIN ****************** is not affected by the software, optimizes nitric oxide levels (NOx) in the test run (NEDC).

We deeply regret that your confidence in the brand Volkswagen is currently being tested and are working hard to educate all irregularities and fully regain the trust that so many people in us.

We will continue to inform all our customers continuously and transparently. Should you have any further questions, please use our contact function on this website.

Best regards,

Thank goodness someone is getting their teeth into this problem ;)

Best regards,

Your old one is clear too! :thumb

Sighs of relief all round :thumb

Just checked mine on the German site and it says its fine

I am sure we are fine - and I put my VIN number into the site and it came back with the same reassuring message (2012 180 DSG)

However if you change random letters in the VIN number it also comes back clear, so either I am excellent at guessing valid VIN numbers, or the response is just a default "You are OK".

If you put in total garbage then it tells you it is not a valid VIN number, put put in a valid looking number and it is always OK.....

It's probably just looking for numbers that match up against their database. I'm sure it's genuine, but anyone got a diesel Golf of about 2012 to try?

I put in mine and it told me "You need to lose weight, otherwise your BP and PR are normal, and ... cut down on your wine consumption" :(

Back