Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aftermarket Headunit - Newsmy Carpad 2S

The manufacturer claims the headunit is RDS capable but is not yet implemented in the firmware, so hopefully we will get that feature "soon"

What offline navigation apps are you using?
I've been using Sygic, but it's not completely satisfying.
How's iGo?
Ideally an app that allows map storage on my 64Gb sdcard.

I've usig Sygic for several years and so far is good enough for me. Probably there are some one better. I don't know.

Can you get more info than the map when navigating? I'd like an arrow with distance away instructions, with indiction of which exit to take etc.

Yes you can. I boutht Sygic some years ago and I don't rebember now, but I thing you can install it and try for a period of time. Also you can get more info in their web http://www.sygic.com

The reason I'm using it is preciselly because I had the chance to try it (other you cannot), which is good before expend the money. Also is cheap and, you pay once and get lifetime updates. I ve got worldwide maps and I use it in Europe, USA, etc..... very convenient as well to bring in your pocket.

I've installed, among othes, wild camling POIs.

Probably there are others could be better, but that ond is not bad and is cheap.

Just instaled xdAuto firmware... I like it. I like it s already rooted, and has TWRP installed, so to update just download the new firmware version in zip format directly to your headunit and install it using the reboot app.

Thanks for the tips about Sygic. It seems navigation display is a premium feature. I'll buy it, world maps lifetime updates (until policy change or company failure :) ) at EUR 40 is a bargain.

I had a look at wildcamping POI's. I wasn't convinced at the time. Where did you get your POI's from? Wildcamping.co.uk? Are there enough spots outside the UK?

I've registered in Wildcamping and can get POIs. I'm not 100% happy with it, for example, in Norfolk, when you arrive to lot of them you find a sign saying overnight is forbiden, but other works.

Upgraded Sygic to premium yesterday and tried it out this morning. With Premium, it's the best navigation system I've ever seen.
Lane assist, great voices, very clear ..
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've bought the World + dashcam + head up display package and will try to add a quality usb webcam so I have continuous recording of my trips through the dashcam. Might be nice to make video's from the great trips that are ahead.