Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind Deflectors

F

Fishyboy

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before,

I've had my Cali for 4 months now and love it, one thing that bugs me & the wife is water dripping in when you put the windows down even when its only slightly drizzling.

Can anyone advise what are the best deflectors and can they be used with an external thermal windscreen cover??

Cheers Fishy.

Go for Dubflecta, they do two different styles and have been very popular with our members, you will also get a VIP discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, they can all be used with external screen covers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Retro for me (and believe for many here). They give decent coverage with the window cranked open for ventilation in the rain.

Hi, I just wondered if you consider the Dubflecta ones to be better/nicer than the ones in the California brochure. Brochure ones are listed at £36.50 incl vat to buy but we were given dealer fit costs of £45 plus vat, so £54 in all. Are both brands straightforward to fit and is there any benefit in getting dealer to fit them? Any opinions much appreciated.

The VW ones (which I have and am very happy with) stick on the outside. I think most others fit inside the window/glass channel.

These are the retro dubflecta one on mine

mirror3_zps56f1c124.jpg

525300_10151541040257384_1343622965_n_zpsb5a1856e.jpg

IMG_0389_zpsf4429bc6.jpg

James

Attachments

• mirror3_zps56f1c124.jpg
    mirror3_zps56f1c124.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 525300_10151541040257384_1343622965_n_zpsb5a1856e.jpg
    525300_10151541040257384_1343622965_n_zpsb5a1856e.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0389_zpsf4429bc6.jpg
    IMG_0389_zpsf4429bc6.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 3
I've been happy with my Dubflecta ones. They slot into the upper channel and did for a while (and occasionally do) cause the elec window to automatically descend when closing the window, as it sensed something was obstructing the closing.

This virtually went away once a decent spell of hot weather had been enjoyed and allowed the rubbers to accommodate the deflectors better.

Its nice that they don't need gluing and can be removed easily without worrying about damage to paint or having to remove glue residue.

Used dubflecta on my last few vans and current van.
Excellent product, best out there for the money

I have the VW ones and they attach with 3M tape, takes about 5 mins to fit, not sure how VW can justify £9 to fit them? I did purchase mine before seeing the Dubflecta ones though and if I needed to buy again I would get the sleek ones.

Thanks for the advice, it looks like the Dubflecta's win hands down :thanks

Have fitted a set of sleek deflectors from Just Kampers to my Oct '13 Cali. Slot perfectly into the glass recess and no problems with the electric windows. Look great and a great price too. :thumb

Hi there,
Having read this thread I decided to order some 'retro deflectors' from Dubflecta. I have left three messages and sent two emails - no reply...

Does anyone know if they have ceased trading or the Internet site is obsolete?

Have almost given up trying now and may have to look at other makes.

On another tack; Is there an easy solution or accessory to stop water/rain coming in through the living area sliding side windows whilst camped? It is a pain to have rain coming in when parked up and cooking when there is a need to have air circulation to take out the cooking smells and steam (keep the windows closed is not the answer I'm looking for :)

Dave

Hang on in there :thumb John is a one man business and has had issues over Christmas with his
Box supplier so I believe he had a holiday while it was sorted. I'm sure he is back and up and running
Clearing the backlog.

Thanks Calikev,

I will try Dubflecta again later today.

It is the product that I want so am happy to wait for a while if needs be.

Cheers

Dave

Spuktoid said:
On another tack; Is there an easy solution or accessory to stop water/rain coming in through the living area sliding side windows whilst camped? It is a pain to have rain coming in when parked up and cooking when there is a need to have air circulation to take out the cooking smells and steam (keep the windows closed is not the answer I'm looking for :)
Dave

I have the Dubflecta Sleek wind deflectors and highly recommend them. I wasn't sure which type to order, but I'm happy with the look of the sleek.

On the topic of the sliding side windows, the only accessory I've seen is http://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup-products/volkswagen-accessories/vw-vehicle-exterior/vw-airscreen/

It's taking him a long time, I emailed on the 12 Jan and still no reply.
Doesn't give me a lot of confidence, I'll possible buy Heko.

18hunts said:
It's taking him a long time, I emailed on the 12 Jan and still no reply.
Doesn't give me a lot of confidence, I'll possible buy Heko.

he's been on a break i facebook pm'd him today and he is back to business as usual :thumb

I had an email from Dubflecta today with the details I had asked for.

I will be ordering my retro wind deflectors in the next few days :D

Thanks For the updates choplee

Thanks for the heads up on the side window rain deflectors Gamort, the Perspex type look to be what I'm looking for- might try to make something in the first instance. Brandrup is certainly good quality but the prices cause me a sharp intake of breath! :eek:

Dave

Spuktoid said:
I had an email from Dubflecta today with the details I had asked for.

I will be ordering my retro wind deflectors in the next few days :D

Thanks For the updates choplee

no worries spuktoid :thumb

Back