Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors -worth it?

C

CamperDad

Hi,
I'm thinking of getting some wind deflectors for the front windows, mainly so I can crack the windows open at night to try and reduce the condensation without letting any rain in. Do they add any significant noise when cruising? Will that help with condensation? Also, how do they fit? I'm assuming they 'pop' into place.

I'd be really grateful for any feedback from anyone who has them...

Cheers

CamperDad
:thanks

yes. Dublecta or Heko, both better than the OEM in my view.

Also look good!

Seb

I've them on my T4 and find them useful, more for cutting wind noise down if i decide to have the windows down on a sunny day... Not a necessity by any means.

A silverscreen will stop condensation much better and you can even pop the window a little with them on.

I've a set of VW ones for the T5 but never got around to fitting them. They are actually stick on and go on the outside frame of the window. (Not as good as the T4 ones that actually fit into the window channel.

Dubflecta nicer than the OEM in my view. (I believe they fit in the channel)

Rgds
M

:thumb :thumb for dubflecta. He does two types for a t5. Retro and sleek. The retro look
Better in my opinion the sleek being flatter. They fit in the window channels and are held in with
Plastic clips and don't hamper the electric windows at all give John a call mention kev from the Cali club and he will do you free postage. http://www.dubflecta.co.uk/

Thanks for the help guys!

Had a look at the dubflecta site and will probably go for the sleek ones.

Cheers!

We've got the sleek Dubflecta ones, excellent bit of kit :thumb

I've got the helo ones which colour code nicely to the privacy glass in the back. Slot into the window channel and held in with metal clips. No increase in wind noise with windows up but a big improvement in wind noise when driving with the window cracked open. I also tend to sleep with the fronts cracked open and silver screen on.

I also have The Heko deflectors - they're an excellent fit, easy to put on, look great and work well. We're thinking of a T5 Kombi for our daily runner and will definitely buy another set.

Ger

Hi, any help appreciated. I like the retro dubflector wind deflecfors. Can anyone advise if external silvers screens (by silverscreen) will fit over them with no problems.

Many thanks

Yes I'm sure I have seen it posted on here the silver screens do fit with the retro dubflecta's

devon california said:
Hi, any help appreciated. I like the retro dubflector wind deflecfors. Can anyone advise if external silvers screens (by silverscreen) will fit over them with no problems.

Many thanks

These are the retro ones fitted to my Beach

dub2_zps9b2644df.jpg

Dub1_zps089102d2.jpg

I love them :)

James

Dubflector retro just been ordered, thanks again to forum for advise

Ours came with them fitted (unknown to us when we bought it).

The good:

Means you can leave the windows open a bit, possibly helps wind noise, fairly subtle

The bad

Seem to scratch very easily, slightly aftermarket look, another bit to clean!!

Will fitting "wind deflectors" help with the rain whilst driving? In wet driving conditions the rain being forced along the front door windows tends to obscure the door mirrors.

Iain&Shani said:
Will fitting "wind deflectors" help with the rain whilst driving? In wet driving conditions the rain being forced along the front door windows tends to obscure the door mirrors.

They helped with that problem on my caddy as well as water draining off the roof and not coveting my door cards ;-)

Get on the dubflecta cotf thread and order a set for a good price ..

my 2nd hand cali came with these wind deflectors. I am not convinced that when fitted the windows don't seem to shut properly as I can hear wind noise. have to say I have not tested then yet (off and on) but will do. Has anybody esle had this problem? if so how is it solved.

I have bought a set of wind deflectors from SMG, "they are the stick on" type. Just wondered if any problems associated with fitting these. As they are stuck on would the paint get damaged if you had to replace them. :?:

patnolan said:
I have bought a set of wind deflectors from SMG, "they are the stick on" type. Just wondered if any problems associated with fitting these. As they are stuck on would the paint get damaged if you had to replace them. :?:

Possibly, but may be OK if you do it carefully & with use of a solvent.

just ordered from the link above which is still working at the discounted price- fab :) all these years later- result

My thoughts were:

OEM - I worried about sticking to paint but pretty sure a hairdryer would soften the glue enough to carefully peel them off if necessary. I did ask the VW mechanic and he said he'd done it ok before.

In window seal types - I worried about metal barbs to hold it in the seal, worried about deforming the seal over time, worried about elec window problems.

I plumped for the OEM ones and have been very happy. Main reason for getting them for me was to have the window open a bit when stopped without rain coming in. No extra wind noise noticed.

Back