Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Nothing more exciting than a first service at a year, part of the service plan, in and out in an hour.

Great service from Brian Currie Vans in the MK area. Recommended, so far.

Like the look of the Vanzeit chopping boards above but their site an absolute dog.

At last my Nespresso on the road,
c250ef13f0cd2beced5485d3aef64d09.jpg
9c6593f717272aa3492e8c610f97f23b.jpg

Verstuurd met Tapatalk

Verstuurd met Tapatalk
A stove top espresso maker is a simpler way of getting good coffee. However, it does result in quite a bit of washing up and having to dispose of the coffee grinds. Tried mine today and the van smells of coffee every time I get in!

A stove top espresso maker is a simpler way of getting good coffee. However, it does result in quite a bit of washing up and having to dispose of the coffee grinds. Tried mine today and the van smells of coffee every time I get in!
Personally I prefer long drinks (in the Yeti) in the Cali and so use a pour over setup.

Verstuurd met Tapatalk
If I may ask.....I assume the thing below the wooden box is an inverter? Did you get it solely for the Nespresso machine? I'm asking, because the only thing we haven't figured out in the van is how to make Nespresso without EHU. And getting an inverter just for the Nespresso machine is something I can not get myself to do. I heard that it's also possible to get your Nespresso machine altered to work with the build-in inverter that comes with the van, but it then takes a long time to heat up.

If I may ask.....I assume the thing below the wooden box is an inverter? Did you get it solely for the Nespresso machine? I'm asking, because the only thing we haven't figured out in the van is how to make Nespresso without EHU. And getting an inverter just for the Nespresso machine is something I can not get myself to do. I heard that it's also possible to get your Nespresso machine altered to work with the build-in inverter that comes with the van, but it then takes a long time to heat up.
1260 watts for the nespreso vertuo pop.
So would need an inverter.
They are coming down in price, but yep, bit expensive for a coffee off grid !

Lot's of discussions here, Espresso or not. This setup requires some attention if you use this 1500W Inverter. You need a full battery and you can't make coffee for you, your loved one and all of your 6 children.
I connected the inverter directly to the battery under the driver's seet. With the app on the phone i can do some fine tuning of the inverter.

Verstuurd met Tapatalk

Not in my Cali (alas) but drove from Urbino to San Leo (beautiful) and then onto San Marino (nice but very touristy) in our VW Eco Up hire car and spotted two U.K. Cali’s (one red and one grey) on route.

Interesting hire car with a Methane tank and a petrol tank. Filled the methane tank from empty and the petrol tank from 1/2 full for just €25 :)

Drove up to Stowe School for a wet walk and to view the WW2 installation. (Small part of a much bigger installation going to Normandy next June).

View attachment 115974
It certainly did rain today! Got stuck in the Hilton, Silverstone just up the road at lunchtime waiting for it to stop.

Palmerston’s off and cleaned for the winter. Davenports on with 215 Cargo Vector M+S tyres ready for a couple of trips to the Alps.
Love the Palmerston’s but may just fancy a change before they go back on, we’ll see.
Local tyre place wanted £15 a wheel to swap them over but called in to National tyres in Truro who did it for free; in and out in less than 30 mins, great bunch of guys - happy, friendly and clearly well run. They got a slab of ale for their efforts but with 3 cars in the household they’ll be getting plenty of trade going forward. Made me smile too, restored a bit of faith.
So to continue a theme…..
Every now and then you get lucky. £86 a corner for a full set of Conti WinterContacts. Long story but sometimes a bargain isn’t too good to be true, in this case only because the manager at National (now bought out by Halfords) in Truro went above and beyond to honour a deal despite there being an obvious error with the internet and apparently a load of pressure from HQ to refuse the sale and claim unavailability. Ended up with the latest 870P tyres despite having ordered the previous 850P iteration. By my reckoning that’s a £400 saving. Full marks again to National in Truro - excellent customer service and integrity, a rarity in my recent experience.
All set for the ski season.

Looking for a set of Wildpeak AT 265/65R17 to fit to my Kato’s. If anybody see’s any good offers around whilst doing things with your California :Grin

Today I fitted an AEG Solar Reverse Camera, purchased brand new from a Dutch website called Dutchthrift, for the princely sum of £53 delivered, and an extra £4 for some double sided tape to secure the camera bracket to the rear of the number plate.

Took me a while to decide how to mount the screen as I didn't want it on top of the dash. In the end I popped out the air con control panel and removed 2 small blanking plates from the right side, one to route the power through and one to poke the mount through which I secured behind the trim with a zip tie.

Monitor is solid, you can't see the removed blanking plates, and the picture is pretty good. It kicks into life with a quick press of the wale button. Quite pleased for £60 and less than 2 hours, mostly spent trying different places to fix the screen!

IMG_3241.jpeg
IMG_3244.jpeg

Back