Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Almost pulled the trigger on the additional drawers for the kitchen unit. Then decided to have a go at making my own. I remembered that I had some new Ikea wardrobe drawers in the loft. I cut them down to the right size and put them together. Bought some soft close drawer runners from Amazon and then fitted them. Nothing drilled to the van, just stuck in place with double sided tape. Used them for the first time this weekend. So much less faff now. Cost me £20~ for the drawer runners, so very happy!

View attachment IMG_0132.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0133.jpeg

Almost pulled the trigger on the additional drawers for the kitchen unit. Then decided to have a go at making my own. I remembered that I had some new Ikea wardrobe drawers in the loft. I cut them down to the right size and put them together. Bought some soft close drawer runners from Amazon and then fitted them. Nothing drilled to the van, just stuck in place with double sided tape. Used them for the first time this weekend. So much less faff now. Cost me £20~ for the drawer runners, so very happy!

View attachment 116724

View attachment 116725
Neatly done. Nice to find a use for those drawers too.
What do you have behind the passenger seat there?

Last edited:
Neatly done. Nice to fungus a use for those drawers too.
What do you have behind the passenger seat there?
Thanks Tim.
It’s a small bin that’s in a lined box I made. Has a couple of bottle holders behind the bin that you can’t see

Thanks Tim.
It’s a small bin that’s in a lined box I made. Has a couple of bottle holders behind the bin that you can’t see
Thanks
And obvs I meant find rather than fungus!
Flamin auto-correct

Replaced halogen lights with led ones. Nothing new just can't hold myself from keeping you all posted :)
IMG_20240111_190556.jpg
Those lamps are a bit too big for the case so I have to bend legs, it also places lamp a bit closer to the glass cover:
IMG_20240111_192244.jpg
And led ones (on the left) are a bit brighter with much lower power consumption (go green!):
IMG_20240111_190524.jpg
I guess I wouldn't bother replacing the central lamp, however I am waiting for arrival of led on for flexible lamp in the roof and maybe later front cabin lamps.

Have a great day.

Replaced halogen lights with led ones. Nothing new just can't hold myself from keeping you all posted :)
View attachment 118047
Those lamps are a bit too big for the case so I have to bend legs, it also places lamp a bit closer to the glass cover:
View attachment 118049
And led ones (on the left) are a bit brighter with much lower power consumption (go green!):
View attachment 118050
I guess I wouldn't bother replacing the central lamp, however I am waiting for arrival of led on for flexible lamp in the roof and maybe later front cabin lamps.

Have a great day.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Any idea what kind of a difference it makes in power usage? Assuming this is the reason you repalced them for LED's?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Any idea what kind of a difference it makes in power usage? Assuming this is the reason you repalced them for LED's?
Honestly, I did it since I just want to play with my new (old) big expensive toy. However the reasoning is: less heat (tiny bit but still) and waay less power. Halogen drains about 0.6A vs led needs 0.2-0.4A per lamp, so it's roughly consumes twice less than halogens (Assuming the precision of control panel measurements).

View attachment 118047
View attachment 118049
View attachment 118050

Have a great day.
Nice. Do you have a link where you got them?

Today’s trip in the van was to the Mini Factory in Cowley. Absolutely amazing! 1000 cars built a day. 4 different models on a single production line.
Last time I toured a car plant was in 1967 as an apprentice. Needless to say the change is huge. Hardly any people in the ‘body in white’ part of the factory - all robots.
£17 well spent.

View attachment IMG_0677.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0675.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0676.jpeg

Went to watch my team play at home; unfortunately they lost!

Used the van to move a washing machine. So versatile.

Back