Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are your plans for Easter?

Billy

Billy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
So the schools have broken up and the weather is improving, has anyone got any plans for the Easter break?

Yes,

Keeping off the roads!

Before then, well on Tuesday I head back to Fishguard and continue my wanderings around the UK coastline until 2 days before Easter when I get home and pull the drawbridge up.

I live on the West Sussex coast. Wall to wall traffic for 4 days.

Taking our three year old grandson away in the van for his first time. Not going too far and only for one night as a tester. That'll be Saturday and then on Sunday wake up and the Hash (Wessex H3) is from the pub just across the road (the Three Crowns, Whaddon) from the campsite.

If that works out maybe a bit further for a couple of days next week.

On-on

I'm looking for some suggestions. It's likely to be our 1st trip in our Cali, so thinking not too far from home (Oxfordshire) so we can play with the new toy!

Won't be out in our Cali as I am laid up resting after my foot op, will probably have Easter at our place in Norfolk.

We're going to have our first few nights in the van over Easter...taking the kids down to a site in the New Forest to do a test run before we go further afield in the summer hols. If you see anyone struggling to put up an awning, trying to work out how to put down the bed etc, that will be us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 nights booked at the "quiet site" near ulswater in the lakes. Guessing it will be busier than when we went in January.

We're always very last minute and it's grotty weather for the weekend so hanging on until Monday/Tuesday - tomorrow will partly be spent getting the van ready for action after what feels like a loooooong Winter of having an overpriced load lugger.

Can't wait - probably just head West towards Gwithian or Sennen for a few days.

rippers said:
Ayr campsite St Ives Cornwall, stayed there loads.. love it

Hi, we have just booked this campsite for next weekend it will be our first stay there so pleased to hear you like it. Love St Ives but stopped in the Nook B&B on the last few trips down before we had our Cali.

Easter weekend were heading to a site by a lake in Tewkesbury with friends and there kids, that's me spending the weekend keeping there kids, bike handles, footballs, frizbies etc away from the van then :doh

We've got 2 nights at Corfe Castle and 2 nights at Highlands End in Dorset then 4 nights at Polmanter in St Ives from next weekend.
Got hardstanding pitches every night just in case the weather turns.
We'll be taking the dog on lots of beaches that he won't be allowed on in a few weeks! :smile
Lots of fossil hunting in Dorset and cream teas in Cornwall......

The wife and kids spent the entire morning in ours (in the pouring rain) sat on the driveway!

Just used it to go biking too.

Getting excited about camping in it again!

6 nights at Ruda for us!

Bwlch Gwyn Farm for us. Fantastic beaches and mountains if the weather is any good. Fingers crossed!

Goto get down to new forest on friday for the weekend ,as i have a sportive road ride :thumb

Netherlands for us, heading to Texel probably

Probably head down to the South west house hunting. We've seen one near Callington :D

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
Probably head down to the South west house hunting. We've seen one near Callington :D

Alasdair

Good luck Alisdair, took us two years to finally find somewhere down here. Worth the wait though :thumb

Off to Cornwall on Friday...

Just checked out the Ayr campsite around st ives for Monday / Tuesday night next week as that's when the weather looks the best. We'll be making a last minute decision on what we're doing....

maui2512 said:
If you see anyone struggling to put up an awning, trying to work out how to put down the bed etc, that will be us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate to admit this but likewise I'll also be the one struggling with the awning
Got to get it right before going to COTF I don't want to look as though I don't know what I'm doing then :laugh2

Alasdair