Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Easter hols

L

Linda

VIP Member
Where are your Calis' taking you over Easter?
We're heading to Ireland via Fishguard , does anyone have any fave spots in Ireland or top tips for somewhere to stay for one night nearish to Fishguard?

We're booked on the tunnel for Sat AM, with an overnight in Kent on the Friday.

Keeping it flexible but likely we'll go to Luxembourg Camping Birkelt

Plan is to stay there for a few days and then move up to Brugge, a site we've used before Camping Memling

We are going to a campsite near Mont Saint Michel, France for a week. Hopefully the weather isn't going to be that bad. This will be our first proper trip in our Cali since we picked it up in January. We can't wait, we've always had caravans or tents before so this is going to be a new experience for us!

:hello

Up to the lakes fingers crossed for some warmer dryer weather....

Calincolnshire said:
We are going to a campsite near Mont Saint Michel, France for a week. Hopefully the weather isn't going to be that bad. This will be our first proper trip in our Cali since we picked it up in January. We can't wait, we've always had caravans or tents before so this is going to be a new experience for us!

:hello

Excellent... You have to take the obligatory photo of the Cali on the road in front of Mont St Michel!

[album]642[/album]

I absolutely love it... what a great spot for a first trip.

Rgds

Mark

Stu said:
We're booked on the tunnel for Sat AM, with an overnight in Kent on the Friday.

Keeping it flexible but likely we'll go to Luxembourg Camping Birkelt

Plan is to stay there for a few days and then move up to Brugge, a site we've used before Camping Memling

How close is the site to bruge? ie can you walk in?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Camping Memling is a nice spot. Walking takes about 25 minutes into the main part of town. Take cycles, they are very much geared up for bikes!

We stopped at Memling last year. Nice little site with good toilets/showers.

I think they pitch it as being the closest site to Brugge.

It's a 5 or so minute walk to the bus stop and then maybe 10 mins on the bus.

Bikes would be good but we didn't have the weather to use them last year and we aren't taking them this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We're off on a bit of a tour............ 3 nights each in;
Ullswater staying at Park Foot
Edinburgh staying at Lothianbridge Campsite
Northumberland staying at The Barn A Beal
York staying at Manor Farm

We have to come back to pick up our lad from Heathrow then its off to North Wales for the Flintshire Real Ale Trail http://www.realaletrailflintshire.co.uk/

Really looking forward to it!

We are heading for Northumberland too - on Sat, near Craster. I'm a bit worried about the weather forecast though!

Ahh... we don't head off until Good Friday. That's the M6 North on Good Friday!!! (slightly better than the M5 to the south west I hope!!)

Haven't looked at the weather yet!!

Where are you staying in Craster? We haven't booked anything yet for that area.

Dunstanc Hill, C&CC.

PS: Don't look at the forecast...

Got to work so can't really go far as only have weekend off. Have to work all bank holidays, except Christmas day !

Iain&Shani said:
We have to come back to pick up our lad from Heathrow then its off to North Wales for the Flintshire Real Ale Trail http://www.realaletrailflintshire.co.uk/

Really looking forward to it!

Wow that looks amazing....

If only it was still on on monday we could take another bus trip back through Wales.....

We will be going away for our first holiday in the Cali (we have only had weekends away so far). We have booked a week in Ambleside (at the National Trust site) in the Lakes, and had planned add a few days in Scotland. Looking at the forecast, we may decide against the latter. I would prefer our first trip to be an adventure, rather than a battle against the elements. I am sure more seasoned campers would say that was all part of the fun!

Simon

The National Trust Pub (I think it's called the Sticklebarn?), which is about 10 minutes walk from the Ambleside (Great Langdale) NT campsite does a cracking pint of beer - in fact, I think I had the best pint I've ever tasted in there :)

Enjoy!
dan

we are off to the Gower, leaving thursday evening. looking to do some surfing and rock climbing with the boys. not sure where we will stay, will mix wild with camp sites. three cliffs bay camp site has great views!

We are off to Ravenglass, Cumbria for three nights and then Dent for two nights. This is really exciting for us as it will be the first time we have used our Cali as intended :D . Given the weather at present and the amount of snow, it should be interesting. Got the topper, got the bedding, sorted the gas and planned the meals. Now all that is needed is to get going. Photo's to follow; maybe? As an aside, we have declared good weather. :thumb

Good luck with your trip. I will order some sun right now :thumb

We were going to Belgium up until a fortnight ago but have since changed our minds and now going down the 'ol smoke', to the Lea Valley, Picketts Lock site, nr Edmonton. There is a beery reason as we will go to The Bunny Basher Beer Festival at The King William IV, (Brodies pub) probably on Good Friday before bimbling around some unexplored areas on Saturday and Sunday.

Fin & Loz & Frank (van)

Bracing ourselves for the Easter hordes down here!

Might nip out for a night or two if it warms up a bit.