Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Easter hols

Off to Belgium to do a cycling event. Taking the van but going to stay in a hotel in Bruges.

KernowLad said:
Might nip out for a night or two if it warms up a bit.
:lol:
Been doing some final researching for our 12 nights on the road. Weather is looking none to exciting! Looks like I'll be testing out the Berghaus as well as the 'van!!
:headbang

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
The National Trust Pub (I think it's called the Sticklebarn?), which is about 10 minutes walk from the Ambleside (Great Langdale) NT campsite does a cracking pint of beer - in fact, I think I had the best pint I've ever tasted in there :)

Enjoy!
dan

It is excellent information like this that makes this forum so useful :D :clap

Not going away for Easter - we didn't plan anything as didn't know if we'd have a van!!

Ours has been in the garage for 11 weeks and has to go back in for some additional work when the parts are in and for some warranty work as well...

Not having your own van is like losing part of the family lol

It was great to have the hire of a van from BMVS but missed having our own :)

However, we are more than making up for it in the coming weeks and are practically booked solid through to August :D

Stu said:
We're booked on the tunnel for Sat AM, with an overnight in Kent on the Friday.

Keeping it flexible but likely we'll go to Luxembourg Camping Birkelt

Plan is to stay there for a few days and then move up to Brugge, a site we've used before Camping Memling

Was you on the 7.20am train. I saw a cali, grey berghaus at the checking in booth seemed to be experiencing some problems as you were there for a quite a while.

Markm said:
Stu said:
We're booked on the tunnel for Sat AM, with an overnight in Kent on the Friday.

Keeping it flexible but likely we'll go to Luxembourg Camping Birkelt

Plan is to stay there for a few days and then move up to Brugge, a site we've used before Camping Memling

Was you on the 7.20am train. I saw a cali, grey berghaus at the checking in booth seemed to be experiencing some problems as you were there for a quite a while.

Yes that was us Mark. They had somehow managed to change the surname on our frequent traveller booking to G G, not quite sure how.

For our first outing of the year with our beloved Van we plan to go down to Avignon, Southern France. No detailed plans once on site but just enjoying the surroundings and benefit hopefully from a mild weather.

We look forward!...

Happy hols folks , if you see us on the m4 heading towards Fishguard give us a wave :)

We went to the Mendip Hills for a few days of easy walking, and also stopped in at the River Cottage farm for their Spring Fair on the way.

Turned out to be a lovely weekend. Bit chilly over night, the inside of the van was 1.8c when we woke up on Sunday. brrr.

dan

My word that was a bit chilly! Lake District, Edinburgh, Northumberland and York. North Wales this weekend......it says it is warming up but the thermals are still going in!

We're heading back to the UK tomorrow after a fortnight of glorious sun (and bitterly cold winds) in Ireland :)

We've been more and more impressed with Olive (our Cali), who's kept us toasty warm throughout – despite sub-zero night-time temperatures.

Have used the heater more regularly (but only on level 1 or 2) and have finally used the timer to pre-heat the van before we get up in the morning (lovely!). We've also used the REST function on the dash for the first time (genius feature!).

Might be time for 4 season sleeping bags, rather than lots of blankets though!

Best wishes,
Steve and Linda

We've also used the REST function on the dash for the first time (genius feature!).

Excuse my ignorance but what is the REST function?

Have Fun

Bob

It's explained in the manual but if I remember correctly it uses residual heat from the engine cooling system to heat the cabin whilst the van is parked and the engine switched off.

Cheers, Stu!

Bob: when you stop and turn off the engine, if you press the REST button on the Climatronic (it may be on the standard air-con too) it will blow the heat off the engine into the cab, keeping your Cali warm inside for longer. You don't even have to do this straight away; you can open doors, get stuff out the boot etc then close the doors and press REST to warm back up again :thumb

Thanks for the eyes up on the REST function. It might be useful this week end as I'm off on my first expedition in the Cali. It's only 4 miles away so the engine might not have warmed up.