Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw California Beach damaged on delivery by Volkswagen commercial vehicles

N

Neill Park

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We had ordered a new 2021 California Beach that was delivered damaged to my local van centre. The damaged was caused by Vw commercial vehicles uk ltd. We understand that accidents can happen but it is how Volkswagen respond that matters. They offer no help or support take it or leave it my local van centre Donnelly Vw Dungannon said. Volkswagen uk offer so little support to their local van centres and customers. So I called customer care they had no process to deal with this damage and disappointment because it was presale damage and after months of frustration they would not offer us a fair solution. The California beach require new rear screen internal parts replaced new tail light repainting to the boot lid rear bumper roof and back quarter panels. Some one had stolen the two folding rear seats. Serious damage to a new factory build vehicle. At least a 10k repair bill. You will never get a proper colour match on cherry red.

We are currently reordering again and are expected to pay additional money as the vehicle has increased in price since 31 March 21. Nearly 4K extra for their mistake. Wait another 12 months for the vehicle and no goodwill offered on the new order also. Vw commercial vehicle have walked away and forgot about us.
My had hoped to use the vehicle for summer holiday this year. They damaged it no holiday for the Park family after all these lockdowns and they expect us to pay for it. They just don’t care.

This vehicle is heading to the south of England from Northern Ireland. So be careful don’t trust any car dealers. It all about the money with them.

I only have a chassis number as it was new and unregistered Wv2zzz7HZMH129569. Be careful.

This is the sort of messages I am getting from Voltswagen commercial vehicles customer care.

See photo.

A5FDCF50-D5F0-4C41-B4F1-877F682A4F99.jpeg

FDB9A8AA-D3B0-4DA3-A5D1-6A6407DD03B0.jpeg

919E5162-AA78-485E-A4A5-08DFA0381157.jpeg

761E53FB-EE35-49B3-B400-1F39927B787F.jpeg

0C58656B-0F60-416F-8C3F-B3266EF8C4C1.png

Sorry to read this Neill. That's really unfortunate and I feel for you.

Surely they should expedite a replacement for the price you paid on the original order?

Are they saying you have to pay the extra if you want a new one as opposed to this one being repaired?

Lots of vans arrive damaged (and it’s often the same rear end) but the customer never finds out: VW dealers will have a process for this that doesn’t involve you. You can either reject it or haggle the price. As drastic as it appears, the damage isn’t major and a properly painted cherry red door shouldn’t fade. My sister had a serious accident in her cherry red beetle several years ago and it’s unnoticeable. Good luck.

We had ordered a new 2021 California Beach that was delivered damaged to my local van centre. The damaged was caused by Vw commercial vehicles uk ltd. We understand that accidents can happen but it is how Volkswagen respond that matters. They offer no help or support take it or leave it my local van centre Donnelly Vw Dungannon said. Volkswagen uk offer so little support to their local van centres and customers. So I called customer care they had no process to deal with this damage and disappointment because it was presale damage and after months of frustration they would not offer us a fair solution. The California beach require new rear screen internal parts replaced new tail light repainting to the boot lid rear bumper roof and back quarter panels. Some one had stolen the two folding rear seats. Serious damage to a new factory build vehicle. At least a 10k repair bill. You will never get a proper colour match on cherry red.

We are currently reordering again and are expected to pay additional money as the vehicle has increased in price since 31 March 21. Nearly 4K extra for their mistake. Wait another 12 months for the vehicle and no goodwill offered on the new order also. Vw commercial vehicle have walked away and forgot about us.
My had hoped to use the vehicle for summer holiday this year. They damaged it no holiday for the Park family after all these lockdowns and they expect us to pay for it. They just don’t care.

This vehicle is heading to the south of England from Northern Ireland. So be careful don’t trust any car dealers. It all about the money with them.

I only have a chassis number as it was new and unregistered Wv2zzz7HZMH129569. Be careful.

This is the sort of messages I am getting from Voltswagen commercial vehicles customer care.

See photo.

View attachment 85209

View attachment 85210

View attachment 85211

View attachment 85212

View attachment 85216
Sorry to read this Neill. That's really unfortunate and I feel for you.

Surely they should expedite a replacement for the price you paid on the original order?

Are they saying you have to pay the extra if you want a new one as opposed to this one being repaired?
Yes they expect me to paid the 4K price increase with no good will offered on a new order. We had to reject the other vehicle too much damage for a new vehicle costing 60k.

Lots of vans arrive damaged (and it’s often the same rear end): VW dealers will have a process for this that doesn’t involve you. You can either reject it or haggle the price. As drastic as it appears, the damage isn’t major and a properly painted cherry red door shouldn’t fade. My sister had a serious accident in her cherry red beetle several years ago and it’s unnoticeable. Good luck.
Appreciate your feedback this vehicle is costing a lot of money and the resale would be a disaster as it was repainted. Would you give 60k for this?

Yes they expect me to paid the 4K price increase with no good will offered on a new order. We had to reject the other vehicle too much damage for a new vehicle costing 60k.
There's no skin off their nose as they'd have to repair it anyway. If they sell it to someone else the dealer won't be out of pocket.

I'd push VW to replace it at the price you ordered. I'm surprised that they haven't offered you that as a bare minimum. That's not goodwill, it's customer retention.

They've had it good the last 18 months. It won't last and if they don't start appreciating their customers they'll vote with their feet.

See photo.

View attachment 85209

View attachment 85210

View attachment 85211

View attachment 85212

View attachment 85216
Awful to read Neill, but why am I not surprised? Californias are great vehicles, by VW customer service is dreadful

Isn't this a simple beach of contract by VW? They've failed to provide you with a vehicle, you ordered, in a satisfactory condition.
Have you got legal expenses insurance with memberships or insurance? Might be worth a chat with them?

Any support would be appreciated I have a few pictures on their Facebook page Vw commercial vehicles on their first post. Some people have been giving them negative comments. I really appreciate that!
No one really understand what the past 3 months have been like. You do

I just don’t want someone to purchase this not knowing how badly damaged it was.

thank you

This can’t be for real. How on Earth can a company like VW ever let this happen. Just shows you customer service is 0. I joined this group as I was considering buying one but after seeing this absolutely NO WAY.

SHARPEN YOUR ACT VW

Have you already rejected it?
If not with the current second hand prices I would take it, order a new one & sell this one to an English dealer at a profit. From the photos you've posted its a few minor scratches to the boot lid & the bumper + a new rear screen?

This can’t be for real. How on Earth can a company like VW ever let this happen. Just shows you customer service is 0. I joined this group as I was considering buying one but after seeing this absolutely NO WAY.

SHARPEN YOUR ACT VW

Really appreciate your comment.

Read this reply from Vw commercial vehicles I have it on email from them.

Our position on this matter is final, and if you remain unsatisfied, I suggest you raise your concerns with the Motor Ombudsman, I will copy a link to them below.

As I have made our final position clear, any further correspondence on this matter will be logged and archived, but may not be responded to.

They pushed me to the motor ombudsman as they know the ombudsman can’t take a case against them because the vehicle was not registered into my name yet. Presale damage! They are rubbing salt into the wounds

They just don’t care shamble of an organisation my family is left broken by this monster company

All you can do is splash the the Chassis number and pictures all over the net. They will likely still not give a stuff bit at least it might further damage VW dwindling reputation and make you feel a bit better. I agree the company is a shambles

If not with the current second hand prices I would take it, order a new one & sell this one to an English dealer at a profit. From the photos you've posted its a few minor scratches to the boot lid & the bumper + a new rear screen?
We considered this but a rule over emissions and vehicle registration didn’t allow us as it had to be registered by some date in July/August. As Vw response was so slow we ran out of time. As soon as my dealer Donnelly Volkswagen Dungannon registered it we could not get the finance deal at the 2% as it was only available on a new vehicle. Don’t worry I have already had a conversation with Donnelly this week and asked them did they get 70k for it.? It was a heated discussion to say the least. We didn’t reject it formally. But wouldn't have been happy to keep
It either as we intend to keep the vehicle a long time. Good point from you we just needed the money sitting to purchase but didn’t have that amount available!

Very sorry to hear this. It is the complete opposite of my experience.

T6 Ocean ordered July 2019 with big discount. October 2019 vehicle being moved from Sheerness to dealer. Vehicle was on the top of the transporter. Just before arriving at the dealer the transporter driver hit an overhanging tree branch wiping out the offside of our van including tearing off the awning which went through the windscreen of a new van which was behind our Cali.

The dealer had already rejected the vehicle with VW UK before he even spoke to me. Our T6 discount was a combination of dealer discount and VW UK discount. Within 24 hours VW UK said we would get an equivalent T6.1 at the price we had agreed for the T6.

It then took months to get the van, but that was due to 2 months to find a tow bar and then some virus thing arrived. So we didn't get the van until July 2020.

Your experience sounds the complete opposite of mine. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Luckily the dealer was good and that might be the crux of your problem. Good luck.

We considered this but a rule over emissions and vehicle registration didn’t allow us as it had to be registered by some date in July/August. As Vw response was so slow we ran out of time. As soon as my dealer Donnelly Volkswagen Dungannon registered it we could not get the finance deal at the 2% as it was only available on a new vehicle. Don’t worry I have already had a conversation with Donnelly this week and asked them did they get 70k for it.? It was a heated discussion to say the least. We didn’t reject it formally. But wouldn't have been happy to keep
It either as we intend to keep the vehicle a long time. Good point from you we just needed the money sitting to purchase but d have that amount available!
Very sorry to hear this. It is the complete opposite of my experience.

T6 Ocean ordered July 2019 with big discount. October 2019 vehicle being moved from Sheerness to dealer. Vehicle was on the top of the transporter. Just before arriving at the dealer the transporter driver hit an overhanging tree branch wiping out the offside of our van including tearing off the awning which went through the windscreen of a new van which was behind our Cali.

The dealer had already rejected the vehicle with VW UK before he even spoke to me. Our T6 discount was a combination of dealer discount and VW UK discount. Within 24 hours VW UK said we would get an equivalent T6.1 at the price we had agreed for the T6.

It then took months to get the van, but that was due to 2 months to find a tow bar and then some virus thing arrived. So we didn't get the van until July 2020.

Your experience sounds the complete opposite of mine. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Luckily the dealer was good and that might be the crux of your problem. Good luck.

What the name of your dealer my local dealer could have done more. Glad your situation worked out better.

Is terrible experience you are have you new Beach. So sorry reading this.

I am think Donnelly group who is 18 brands franchise handler is not look after you for such expensive purchase.
I am suggest you are speak their Ceo and remind how they write own company information :-

Since then the Donnelly Group has become the largest family owned automotive company in Northern Ireland. With nine showrooms located across Northern Ireland, we can respond to the needs of our customers quicker and with more convenience than anyone else.
The Donnelly Group was built on customer service instilled by its founder and ‘keeping the customer central to everything we do’ is still the focus across all Donnelly showrooms. Our attention to detail, good service, outstanding value and respect for all are just some of the qualities that instil trust within our customers who return to the Donnelly Group year after year and generation after generation.

I then ask - how this apply to me and how you are fix my Beach situation.

You contract to purchase not with vw uk, but to who is you are pay money to. They can dealing with vw uk - you are not expect make you own time and much energy make big battle - Donnelly must doing this and helping you.

Do not allowing Donnelly make you buy this damage car. ( unless is big compensation ) and you are agree to take, after is fix.
I thinking is better not accept and buy another Beach!.

Some very good point and information. I am in no way going to accept this treatment from Donnelly Vw any longer. You have given we the strength to take this further I will never give up. thank you

Check out the dealer reviews Donnelly Group I just looked them up on trust pilot. Recent reviews are unbelievable. How can they even have a VW dealership. Left these poor people out in the cold and treated them terribly

Back