Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Great! Is the last pic on/from a camping ground? looks amazing!
Hi Sapto
The last picture is Haverford West in Pembrokeshire national park
You can drive along the coastal road close to the footpath and you will see laybys, view points or car parks where you can pull in
I actually wild camped where that shot was taken (you do run the risk of a run in with the park ranger though)
Also best if you can visit these places before or after school holidays if it's possible

Alan

zAcDzC.jpg

Sisteron

Last edited:
That looks a stunning location David. Are you staying there overnight or moving to a local site?
I imagine the sunset from there was pretty good.

IMG_3806.JPG You're right about the sunsets - typically big Suffolk skies and a clear view to the horizon. It's actually where our boat is moored in Southwold Harbour, so the Cali is alongside our mooring and we were in fact staying on the boat at the time, a few weeks back. It can be complicated having two homes that move, but a very nice complication all the same. Dave

Last edited:
That is certainly a fantastic sunset Dave, thank you for sharing it.
My father used to sail a dingy from around Clacton somewhere when I was a child and I haven't been back there very much since we moved to the West Country.
We went to some lovely gardens East of Colchester last year and my wife wants to go back and explore the area properly.

Maybe another trip to put on our "to do list" when we have our Cali. Simon

Lovely. I had forgotten the ability to choose your view that you have with a camper. It's more difficult with a tent. Thank you for sharing.

Steam trains do it for me Lost Boy. Lovely picture. Which site was it? Simon

The Lofoten location is Storsandnes beach, theres a nice layby where we parked up the 3 x Cali's for the night and watched the Northern Lights. I've got loads of photos of the Northern Lights from that night, the one I've posted wasn't the one that I meant to put on but its still a good one!
We went for a dip in the sea, next morning before heading off!
And Yes, the Lofoten Islands are like nowhere else on Earth!
I have this as my No1 destination when I first venture abroad.
What time of year did you go? Do you think that was the best time?

The Lofoten location is Storsandnes beach, theres a nice layby where we parked up the 3 x Cali's for the night and watched the Northern Lights. I've got loads of photos of the Northern Lights from that night, the one I've posted wasn't the one that I meant to put on but its still a good one!
We went for a dip in the sea, next morning before heading off!
And Yes, the Lofoten Islands are like nowhere else on Earth!
I have this as my No1 destination when I finally retire. When were you there/do you think this was the best time?

I have this as my No1 destination when I finally retire. When were you there/do you think this was the best time?
We've only been there this one time ( late september 2015), so have nothing to compare it too in regards of time of year to visit. However we had planned to arrive there with a good chance of seeing the northern lights and with still decent weather, so I think september /october was a great time to visit.

Lovely photo Barry. Thanks for posting it. My wife wants to see the West Coast of Scotland, I haven't been there since I was a teenager. I'll add this site to the, ever growing, list. Simon