Pinky Ponk goes to North Wales

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Pinky Ponk took us to Anglesey on Saturday where we visited Plas Newydd. Pic below was the best I could do with my iPhone while getting "our house" in the pic as well as "our Cali". As you can see we were blessed with sunshine, but it was chilly :Nailbiting

The views of the Menai Strait from this property are breathtaking, but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to drive the Cali anywhere I could get the views in the picture!

IMG_8338.jpg

Sunday we stopped off at Conwy and parked near the marina. The walkway you can see is a pick up/drop off point for the Conwy Water Taxi; on the opposite side of the River Conwy is Deganwy with the remains of the castle on the hill above the town, the views from the top are fantastic but not possible to include a Cali in the pics so no place on here. (Just a bit further along the estuary, of course, is Conwy Castle, this is the land of castles ....)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deganwy_Castle

IMG_8341.jpg

The plaque in the picture below is to commemorate the Normandy landings, the prototypes of the Mulberry harbours were constructed and launched here.

IMG_8342.jpg

We were joined by an Autosleeper Symbol who attempted to drive up the ramp onto the grass hillock we were on but he was unable to make it, only having 2wd, we had a good laugh :D.

And here's our 15 year old Cali Cat Tanya, who has mixed feelings about travelling in a camper van :happy:(

IMG_8352.jpg

I love the name Pinky Ponk. Best Cali name ever.

Back