Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

C&MC site at Castleton, Peak District, UK. Cooking dinner on the Cobb in the lovely sunshine. Not a fan of club sites really, but this one is fabulous.

View attachment 94522

Now this is a view I love to see from the van anytime, anywhere (jersey royal potatoes in foil under the grill plate):
View attachment 94523
Wow! That looks fantastic! We had a Cobb once but never got on with it so sold it fairly quickly…….…….. but now I wonder if we really tried hard enough

Wounderful pic Grumpy. Just need to return with some daisy seeds, and stealthily introduce some yellow for next year. I don't know if environmentalists would consider that" not on " though!
I love going to the woods near you in Wendover when the blue bells are in bloom, simply stunning.
Yes I think the environmentalist policy might frown on scattering seeds in the wild but native species should be OK. Couple of pics of my wild flower border at my allotment - brings in the pollinators.
BTW if you’re venturing over to Wendover Woods anytime soon, there’s a lovely display of orchids. As you turn into Aston Hill park immediately on your left and walk through the trees to an open (undulating) area. Orchids galore :)

605E0F58-2C0B-4876-9048-FAB63501197C.jpeg

7AADB154-F588-4295-8AFA-1052EA11F9F3.jpeg

Wow! That looks fantastic! We had a Cobb once but never got on with it so sold it fairly quickly…….…….. but now I wonder if we really tried hard enough
The Cobb’s a bit of a marmite bit of kit. So many variables to take in to account. Things don’t always go as you expect but that’s all part of the cooking adventure for me.

It gets buddied up with lots of my other cooking stuff and makes a fantastic base for my Kelly kettle. I use it as a smoker too.

I just love the economics of
it, only 10 briquettes for a charcoal cook, I can use my trangia alcohol burner with it and when I use the Kellie kettle it will take anything that burns (usually I go foraging for pine cones, twigs/small branches and dried animal dung). Gotta love some free fuel.

Here’s a flavour of some of the things I do with it:

A2A45DFC-97EC-4F3B-AAE5-9A9B3D551CC4.jpeg

F415C8BA-D293-42CD-9747-34F421F428B8.jpeg
4B370863-B10C-4B03-8B85-95E3A11A5F62.jpeg
D516D31A-FBDD-49B3-ABB3-6A76EF678144.jpeg
0759B404-4B15-4187-B442-EBC26E741939.jpeg
CE63EF42-9175-4E01-B65F-72A929D00B7F.jpeg
D9A6E418-B120-47E0-B513-35AB5EFC1EF0.jpeg

On our list of go-to folk fests, but never been able to make it.

We stewarded (for the first time) this year at Upton on Severn, great smallish festival camping at the Rugby club and festival in the very friendly, small town.

Others we’ve booked for this year are Beardy (Shropshire), Ely, Gate to Southwell, Warwick, Folk East, Shrewsbury and Bromyard. Also Timber festival in the National Forest (a celebration of the forest, with discussion, spoken word, art & creativity, music and loads more).

We also did the Midlands air festival, jubilee weekend.

Just love chilling out at a good festival. The Cali (especially now we have solar) makes it so easy.
Same here, solar makes it doable for four or more days. Rest of time dont need it

Did you manage to wild/stealth camp on Salisbury plain? I thought it would be quite difficult to find any where, but your last picture looks like a possibility.
Loads of places, just don’t do it on MOD land as they check. Saw some guy with his kid they had car and tent set up getting in lots of trouble by the police.

Our favourite wild camping spot:
b821f2ae35fd4b8bb3fe8940e4f28e03.jpeg

We a
C&MC site at Castleton, Peak District, UK. Cooking dinner on the Cobb in the lovely sunshine. Not a fan of club sites really, but this one is fabulous.

View attachment 94522

Now this is a view I love to see from the van anytime, anywhere (jersey royal potatoes in foil under the grill plate):
View attachment 94523
We are going there next week as a group of 3 vans. Looking forward to it! Did you visit any good pubs etc?

We've moved from Orkney now to Durness. Pitched up at the Sango Sands campsite. It's still blowing a gale up here, particularly on the cliff top here so we'll be sleeping with the roof closed tonight! This photo was taken at one of the moments when it's not raining. Pouring down 5 minutes ago and it'll be pouring down in another 5 minutes. I think the weather's called "changeable".

20220618_183032.jpg