Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using remote heater control new T6 Beach

GastardWilts

GastardWilts

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Proud owners of new Beach on first trip in Scotland.

I can get the aux heater to work from the overhead controls but not using the remote? I note the manual says the remote needs to be at least 2 metres away frm the vehicle but that doesn't make any difference. When I try to start the heater the remote LED shows green but then flashes red where manual says it should flash green.

Anybody experienced anything similar?

cheers
Peter

I can get the aux heater to work from the overhead controls but not using the remote? I note the manual says the remote needs to be at least 2 metres away frm the vehicle but that doesn't make any difference. When I try to start the heater the remote LED shows green but then flashes red where manual says it should flash green.

cheers
Peter
Fault - Remote is probably not coded to the Vehicle - Return to Dealer I'm afraid.

cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. My dealer says remote only comes as standard on an Ocean. As a fellow Beach owner did you do anything unusual at order time? I've got the rear heater and Beach only control panel near rear view mirror(the one that's not shown in the user manual) but no remote.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Happy travels in '18

M

I think I am correct in saying that on the Beach the options list shows three choices:
1. Parking heater without remote.
2. Parking heater with remote.
3. Parking heater with remote and a separate engine pre heater thingy.
Oddly options 2 and 3 cost the same from memory. If you have option 3 you will have two stickers on the rear edge of the drivers door, one saying Eberspacher (parking heater) and the other saying Wesbaso (engine coolant pre heater). I think I've spelt the latter correctly but forgive me if I haven't as I can't be bothered to go and look.

The remote control works inside the vehicle. You can start the heater when lying in bed.

Whilst we are on the subject, I can't seem to get our Beach parking heater to run continuously. Today I set it to infiniti and wacked the heater up to max to test it. I opened the front windows slightly, locked the vehicle and went off to do some other jobs. After an hour or so I went to check it was still on only to find it had switched itself off. Anyone have any ideas? Surely infiniti means infiniti?

Last edited:
Whilst we are on the subject, I can't seem to get our Beach parking heater to run continuously. Today I set it to infiniti and wacked the heater up to max to test it. I opened the front windows slightly, locked the vehicle and went off to do some other jobs. After an hour or so I went to check it was still on only to find it had switched itself off. Anyone have any ideas? Surely infiniti means infiniti?

I run my Beach's parking heater on "infinity" quite often.... Had similar issue to you before, I reset the control panel.... Think this was done by holding one of the buttons for 5-seconds..... All good since.

Also, to perhaps call out the obvious, you need suitable leisure battery charge and enough diesel in the tank for the duration of "infinity." I believe it cuts off, once a certain "conservative" level of either is reached.

I run my Beach's parking heater on "infinity" quite often.... Had similar issue to you before, I reset the control panel.... Think this was done by holding one of the buttons for 5-seconds..... All good since.

Also, to perhaps call out the obvious, you need suitable leisure battery charge and enough diesel in the tank for the duration of "infinity." I believe it cuts off, once a certain "conservative" level of either is reached.
Thanks for your answer Jonathan,
The tank is currently half full and I'd just taken off its 24 hr monthly charge so it should be OK in both of those respects. I don't surpose you remember which button it was? I don't recall any advice about a panel reset in the hand book. I'll have to have another look.
I must say that the heater instructions in the manual are mainly aimed at the Ocean and those for the Beach appear to be a bit of an after thought. From what I can recall they aren't that clear either.

I believe it cuts off, once a certain "conservative" level of either is reached.
I think the fuel cut off is when the low fuel warning light is on.

Whatever the settings, doesn't the heater take a break every now and then - ours seems to.

The multivan manual gives a much better explanation of the Beach heater than the California manual (from what I recall).

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I think the fuel cut off is when the low fuel warning light is on.

Whatever the settings, doesn't the heater take a break every now and then - ours seems to.

The multivan manual gives a much better explanation of the Beach heater than the California manual (from what I recall).

Perhaps I'll give it a longer test and see what happens. Should the control panel switch off when it's having its break? I just don't know.

I think I try and find a multivan manual on line and take a look.

Perhaps I'll give it a longer test and see what happens. Should the control panel switch off when it's having its break? I just don't know.

I think I try and find a multivan manual on line and take a look.
The control panel shouldn't turn off. Perhaps locking the van, if you used the immobiliser to do so, turned off the heater. I can understand why it might be configured that way.

My T6 Beach came with a multivan manual and a California supplement. I assumed they all did. The California supplement is almost useless as it is mostly about Ocean equipment, (how to operate an electric roof or turn on a water tap or where to stash your valuables).

Last edited:
The control panel shouldn't turn off. Perhaps locking the van, if you used the immobiliser to do so, turned off the heater. I can understand why it might be configured that way.

My T6 Beach came with a multivan manual and a California supplement. I assumed they all did. The California supplement is almost useless as it is mostly about Ocean equipment, (how to operate an electric roof or turn on a water tap or where to stash your valuables).

Yes, I have wondered whether locking the van cancels the program although if it does that it is rather inconvenient in certain camping situations. I suppose if is does do that then it would be to prevent owners from inadvertently leaving the heater on for hours on end.

I haven't looked at the hand book/books recently so they may be the same as yours. I can't remember. I'm just off to take the grand children to the Pantomime now but will have a look later on today.

I lock my van, and the heater continues to run on infinity setting.....

Useful over winter to keep the dog cosy (I know, he’s spoilt rotten!) when I have to leave him in the van for a couple of hours.

I think it’s the bottom right button, which needs pressed for 5secs. The LCD display will go off, then reappear during the reset.

I am sure your intentions are good but I would never leave our dog in an unattended van with a diesel heater running. :Iamsorry

I lock my van, and the heater continues to run on infinity setting.....
If I recall correctly, you do not have the volumetric alarm. It is the setting of this alarm that I can understand disabling the heater to prevent it being left running for days on end. It would be silly if a simple internal locking of the van using the internal lock function turned off the heater.

Anyway - it's worth an investigation.

If I recall correctly, you do not have the volumetric alarm. It is the setting of this alarm that I can understand disabling the heater to prevent it being left running for days on end. It would be silly if a simple internal locking of the van using the internal lock function turned off the heater.

Anyway - it's worth an investigation.

Correct, no volumetric alarm in mine.

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. My dealer says remote only comes as standard on an Ocean. As a fellow Beach owner did you do anything unusual at order time? I've got the rear heater and Beach only control panel near rear view mirror(the one that's not shown in the user manual) but no remote.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Happy travels in '18

M
Hi

We ordered the Beach with optional auxiliary heater. Th remote was replaced under warranty so it was more than a pairing issue.

Peter