Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 199 (204) order club

I rang customer services for an update on mine after my message from the dealer and it’s still basically at the same as it was. No build week allocated yet.

I rang customer services for an update on mine after my message from the dealer and it’s still basically at the same as it was. No build week allocated yet.
So your dealer is telling you porky pies?

I‘d need to re-listen to their message but they didn’t tell me that it had a build week specifically, just something about February. This could be the production of 204s starting from build week 6, not specifically for our van. We’re quite relaxed about it. No point in having it before Easter as will probably still be in a heavy form of lockdown / tier until then anyway. Tier 4 doesn’t really allow for much Cali use...

I would agree that there is little point in getting it before Easter now.

Did you get that from VW chat?

is that for a 204 or 155

I went on VW chat earlier and no date yet. Ordered 24th sept with order confirmation early October.
All this waiting is doing me no good, have changed the spec twice and thinking of a colour change now.

I went on VW chat earlier and no date yet. Ordered 24th sept with order confirmation early October.
All this waiting is doing me no good, have changed the spec twice and thinking of a colour change now.
lol...itchy feet....I know what you mean...I am sticking with our origin colour choice....well my wife says we are...and as far as the spec is concerned I can’t add much more..lol

unconfirmed build week 12 now, 22nd March. This is perfect for us as we ideally wanted delivery sometime in April/early May.
Great stuff, pleased for you! I’ll try the chat again tomorrow - fingers crossed

Sorry for delay, I ordered a 199/204....4 Motion.....I have just giving VW chat a really hard time about lack of info and client support and they have promised to get back to me....we shall see

Anyone know if the VW Chat is available tomorrow (Saturday)?

After months of asking, finally got some progress - provisional build date for our 204 4-Motion of week 10, wc 8 March. Ordered from Preston on 11 September.
Progress! Not for me though. I contacted chat last night and said no confirmed build week yet for me. Ordered 204 end sept.

Nothing on my 204 Ocean 4Motion:

Order 25/09
Accept 05/10

Although, when confirming the order on VW chat - the engine size is now update to 204PS and ‘Andy’ noted this as a positive.

We both signed off with “suggest we check back next week”

After months of asking, finally got some progress - provisional build date for our 204 4-Motion of week 10, wc 8 March. Ordered from Preston on 11 September.
As you know Phil we ordered the week before you but still no build week for us (just checked with them). Not sure why... it could be the spec we went for. I’ll check with Guy.

As you know Phil we ordered the week before you but still no build week for us (just checked with them). Not sure why... it could be the spec we went for. I’ll check with Guy.
Oh no, that isn’t great is it. Surely can’t be the spec? Ours is pretty much fully loaded, having recently added the towbar too. Let us know what Guy says....

Will do. Really chuffed for you though. I’m not too concerned as we have an Eriba caravan for once the lockdown is lifted. It would be just nice to have some bloody communication from VW though!

Is there possibly a pattern emerging for the Ocean 204?
Orders placed 7th - 20th Sept = Build week 10
Orders placed 21st - 4th Oct = Build week 11
Orders placed 5th - 18th Oct = Build week 12
??....any thoughts?

Sure this isn’t actually true..people obviously still waiting for a date who ordered before and some with a build week of 6 within this time frame!! Just trying to imagine VW have some method in their madness..

??....any thoughts?

Sure this isn’t actually true..people obviously still waiting for a date who ordered before and some with a build week of 6 within this time frame!! Just trying to imagine VW have some method in their madness..
You haven't taken into account the orders from the other 27 EU countries and non EU, such as Australia where they are now selling the California. Many of these might have been delayed while VW concentrated on UK orders prior to 31st December.

??....any thoughts?

Some of it could be dealer allocation biased i would have thought. I ordered end of Sep and now have build week6, and mines is pretty loaded so it can’t be parts that are affecting the dates, so I can only assume I have been given a slot that was already dealer allocated for the 204 4 Motion?