Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 Spyshots.

The front shot showed an awning on both sides, most importantly its pretty clear that its a different roof bellows!
Dual awnings would hide the clunky oversized poptop shell, at least from the sides

Vw are just going to do what every other manufacturer of campers do and pump out as much crap as they can and hope to sell a few.

@calikev I think we are gonna need a new subsection for this thing. No point polluting the T6.1 forum now that its official.

@calikev I think we are gonna need a new subsection for this thing. No point polluting the T6.1 forum now that its official.
Needs chucking in with the caddy and can collect dust with that as not many of them sold.
Maybe this is the caddy poptop they should have done then it would make sense.

But its not a T7. Its a Multivan California (Concept).

So it is called a California CONCEPT them!!!

No this one.
1692799241014.png

And have a 15 mile range? Hardly ground breaking.
Also has 2.5l petrol engine - 230bhp; so EV bit more for local trips.…and hot running water!

Be good to see what VW come up with to compete.

Last edited:
Also has 2.5l petrol engine - 230bhp; so EV bit more for local trips.…and hot running water!

Be good to see what VW come up with to compete.
I have a Nugget with hot running water and I've given up trying to figure out the hot water system. You get no instructions, two ends to the boiler depending on whether you're on 12v or 240v, inaccessible switches to turn it on and some vague mentions of needing to fill the boiler on forum discussions. I'd rather wash up/shower in cold water than figure it out.

I have a Nugget with hot running water and I've given up trying to figure out the hot water system. You get no instructions, two ends to the boiler depending on whether you're on 12v or 240v, inaccessible switches to turn it on and some vague mentions of needing to fill the boiler on forum discussions. I'd rather wash up/shower in cold water than figure it out.
Im curious, can you use the kitchen with the roof down?

Only if you stoop, or put a chair in front of the kitchen, so similar to a Cali. But it does allow you to cook standing up, whilst the roof bed is being used as the void is above the kitchen, rather than being over the passenger/driver seat.

Define "use". In the California I guess you can sit on the bench seat and cook with the roof down. You would struggle to do this in the Nugget unless you knelt down, or were the same height as my 8 year old (135cm, she can still stand with the roof down).

You can access the fridge and all the cupboards with the roof down via the tailgate though.

For us the Nugget is a massive improvement over the California, but that's because we have three kids. Having two sliding doors, plus access via the tailgate, and being able to cook breakfast in the kitchen with both beds set-up (and everyone else asleep) is a massive improvement over Cali life.

The roof bed is 140cm wide, so we can put all three kids up there (which we couldn't do in the smaller California bed).

Only if you stoop, or put a chair in front of the kitchen, so similar to a Cali. But it does allow you to cook standing up, whilst the roof bed is being used as the void is above the kitchen, rather than being over the passenger/driver seat.
I remember one rainy evening in the Cali preparing dinner with the roof bed down, the kids having to be up in the pop-top, my wife in a front seat, and it all being quite cramped. With the Nugget you can prepare dinner in the kitchen, and you still have a 5-seater lounge area and pop-top free. For a slightly bigger footprint, the Nugget lay-out really opens up the space.