Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nurburgring new T7 california (spyshots)

V

vw_motion4life

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi,

it looks like the eagerly awaited next California model is being tested at Nurburgring. Some spy photos in the article herunder:

We will wait to see it in the flesh, and I might be wrong but personally, I think T6.1 has been a great purchase as the new model does not have the same wow factor to me.

Hi,

it looks like the eagerly awaited next California model is being tested at Nurburgring. Some spy photos in the article herunder:

We will wait to see it in the flesh, and I might be wrong but personally, I think T6.1 has been a great purchase as the new model does not have the same wow factor to me.
that is awful golf crossed with a fiat multi van

No wardrobe in that one and looks like a composite roof rather than aluminium. Does have the T6.1 Control Panel, I think.

No wardrobe in that one and looks like a composite roof rather than aluminium. Does have the T6.1 Control Panel, I think.
How do you see this has the 6.1 control panel?
I can make nothing from these photo's other then I don't like it. :cool:

personally, I think T6.1 has been a great purchase

I agree, it just does not look right. They have gone car like for the Multivan and the California now seems like an after thought. Will the T6.1 be the last 'classic' Cali, but I guess they said that for the T4, T5 and T6!

I agree, it just does not look right. They have gone car like for the Multivan and the California now seems like an after thought. Will the T6.1 be the last 'classic' Cali, but I guess they said that for the T4, T5 and T6!
TBH the California has always been an afterthought, given van sales volumes, but at least the 6.1 suited a Cali in proportions and the roof suited the vehicle rather than this one. Who knows - they may still be working on it.

TBH the California has always been an afterthought, given van sales volumes, but at least the 6.1 suited a Cali in proportions and the roof suited the vehicle rather than this one. Who knows - they may still be working on it.

I don’t know about afterthought, they have sold 200,000 of them. At a conservative estimate of average £40,000 a piece that’s £8 billion in sales.

342907E2-D8DA-49E8-AD51-88B2C59D29AE.png

How do you see this has the 6.1 control panel?
I can make nothing from these photo's other then I don't like it. :cool:
Better go to Specsavers. Screen outlined.

volkswagen-multivan-t7-california-rear-view-spy-photo~2.jpg

I don’t know about afterthought, they have sold 200,000 of them. At a conservative estimate of average £40,000 a piece that’s £8 billion in sales.
To be fair to us both and the example (200K sales was over 35 years and all countries, which falls a lot under the 8 billion average but a piddly point) there was an average of 58K Transporter sales in Europe alone for the last published 6 years, so with 21K (global) sales of Cali's in 2020 that IS still a good percentage of the overall T sales. :thumb

1692713703377.png

@Corradobrit it would be a great improvement if it drives like the Marco Polo though! So much more refined then the T6.1. Hired one while waiting for the T6.1 to arrive, was a joy to drive. Camping wise it was not so great compared to a T6.1 Ocean however.

i would rather have a alloy roof than composite
3 previous campers, each at least 20years old upon selling, no roof corrosion on any after 165-180k miles. All GRP roofs. No roof issues.

1 Cali, 11years old 35k miles. Roof showing signs of corrosion….been on the famous vw recall waiting list for 4 years now…absolute shite customer service.

Will never buy another VW van with an alloy roof.

@Corradobrit it would be a great improvement if it drives like the Marco Polo though! So much more refined then the T6.1. Hired one while waiting for the T6.1 to arrive, was a joy to drive. Camping wise it was not so great compared to a T6.1 Ocean however.
Its still a VW so don't raise your hopes too high. That said its a MQB chassis so should be a more car like drive vs the Transporter based T6. I fear the camping section will be equally compromised.
Taken as a whole based on what I can deduce from the Multivan specs, towing capacity etc, the MP might be the better option going forward, at least in the short term.

Maybe they mislaid the ipad. But tbh that looks like a rear view mirror to me ......
I think that is too high for a rear view mirror. With the tailgate spoiler, no tailgate bike rack.

The rear long overhang makes it look larger than previous models.

Considering the rumours of twin sliding doors fitted with an awning at both sides, not sure if the purpose would be to fit a rear mounted kitchenette, e.g.

Bikers better beware with the size of the A pillar blind spot, infront of the door mirror, looks like VW changed their mind where the windscreen should be. Mid development.

Last edited:
Agreed it’s the roof design that is ugly when it’s down. Not so bad when it’s up.

Seems that all the car mags released their articles mid week.

Interesting idea to have a pull out awning and opening side doors both sides.

Here’s a video…

Back