Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean wheel arch bodywork repair & dealer response

Worth a read in the context of this thread

Thanks for the link @Perfectos - have dropped a little update on there and your update prompted me to update the good people here.

I am extremely relieved to report that the dealership have come to an agreement with VW to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture. Having said that it was far from plain sailing!

I left you last time that i was pending the outcome from VW customer care on whether the dealership would entertain a contribution scheme. I got a call back from VW, saying it was a no to the dealership contributing, there was no mechanism for VW to do anything, there was no process in place for me to get an independent view either and as such that was case closed. The chap referred me to the motor ombudsman as the next steps. I was livid, to be frank.

I re-contacted PVWI on the incredibly slim chance they could help, but they had ceased trading by that point. I have to say John @PVWI was incredibly helpful and generous with his time, often telling me things that VW should have know, but didn't. Their closure will be a real loss to the industry. He did mention that VW have an alternative process in place for paintwork inspections, but i never got the call back from my complaint handler at VW CC to explore this.

I also called the service manager and sought his view on the outcome, resulting in a fairly honest conversation about the situation, which resulted in him agreeing to revisit the case with the DP and the paint shop to see what they could do. I also offered to contribute as it was looking increasingly likely that I would have a bill to foot regardless. They are my nearest dealership and can't fault the work they've done so far, so I did make the case that whilst I've not bought from them I can still put business their way / be a customer, starting with service / MOT etc from the all-in plan on the van.

Shortcut to this week, about a month after the last conversation and a couple of mails about getting the van in for service and roof inspection. I got the call to say they have agreed a goodwill gesture with VW to get the paintwork sorted. I am quite relieved tbh, after all of the to-ing and fro-ing of the last 6 months. Next steps are to agree the time and get it done, let the paint cure for a bit then get the van ceramic coated.

I am really glad its moving in the right direction now and will update again soon. Thanks for all the support and suggestions!

Thanks for the link @Perfectos - have dropped a little update on there and your update prompted me to update the good people here.

I am extremely relieved to report that the dealership have come to an agreement with VW to cover the cost as a goodwill gesture. Having said that it was far from plain sailing!

I left you last time that i was pending the outcome from VW customer care on whether the dealership would entertain a contribution scheme. I got a call back from VW, saying it was a no to the dealership contributing, there was no mechanism for VW to do anything, there was no process in place for me to get an independent view either and as such that was case closed. The chap referred me to the motor ombudsman as the next steps. I was livid, to be frank.

I re-contacted PVWI on the incredibly slim chance they could help, but they had ceased trading by that point. I have to say John @PVWI was incredibly helpful and generous with his time, often telling me things that VW should have know, but didn't. Their closure will be a real loss to the industry. He did mention that VW have an alternative process in place for paintwork inspections, but i never got the call back from my complaint handler at VW CC to explore this.

I also called the service manager and sought his view on the outcome, resulting in a fairly honest conversation about the situation, which resulted in him agreeing to revisit the case with the DP and the paint shop to see what they could do. I also offered to contribute as it was looking increasingly likely that I would have a bill to foot regardless. They are my nearest dealership and can't fault the work they've done so far, so I did make the case that whilst I've not bought from them I can still put business their way / be a customer, starting with service / MOT etc from the all-in plan on the van.

Shortcut to this week, about a month after the last conversation and a couple of mails about getting the van in for service and roof inspection. I got the call to say they have agreed a goodwill gesture with VW to get the paintwork sorted. I am quite relieved tbh, after all of the to-ing and fro-ing of the last 6 months. Next steps are to agree the time and get it done, let the paint cure for a bit then get the van ceramic coated.

I am really glad its moving in the right direction now and will update again soon. Thanks for all the support and suggestions!
Great new (in the End). Thanks for the update.

Oh grief
More examples of VW’s sloping shoulders!
I’ve just discovered bubbles all round my NSR wheel arch
Cali Ocean 2015
Already spent a fortune on EGR a couple of years back now add what will be by the sounds of it a very frustrating and depressing saga ahead
Where are the benefits in spending all that money initially to be faced year after year with more costs
Saddened and disappointed
GT
Not sure who I’m aiming this at but just need to vent

I had a paint blister issue on my van many years ago, front of rear wheel arch where is flares out.

Took it up with VW who had their own body shop do an inspection, I witnessed the inspection myself and the inspector showed me where the tiny stone chips had punctured the paint coating allowing the blisters to form.

I paid for the repair myself.

Our roads are increasingly covered in shrapnel from potholes, especially in winter so it's no wonder our paint work is given a hard time,

Back