Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T 6.1 Front fabric blind question

California Dreamer

California Dreamer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi does anyone know if the fabric magnetic windscreen blind supplied with the Beach would fit in a coast/ocean? Or would the housing for the front blinds get in the way?
I can’t seem to find an answer to this from vw or dealer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answered my own question here thanks to some lovely t6 Beach owners camped next to us who let me try out their front blind. This fits fine in our 6.1 coast, folds up small and for me is a better solution than the integrated windscreen blinds for when we don’t use the external cover. Managed to get from partshaus - just when I thought there is surely nothing else I can buy for this van ….

Do you perhaps have the part number for the blind from Partshaus? i cannot find this item on their website please.

Do you perhaps have the part number for the blind from Partshaus? i cannot find this item on their website please.

This is a photo of the part number, I believe it’s the same for t5, 6 and 6.1. I got mine via eBay in uk but I think I might have had the last one from them as it’s no longer listed?
22454c0fe268f04a732829e601e3a0d3.jpg

The built-in front window blinds are horrendous in the Ocean. I get they're "neat" because they're integrated, but they seem so fragile and not especially effective.

The built-in front window blinds are horrendous in the Ocean. I get they're "neat" because they're integrated, but they seem so fragile and not especially effective.

I agree - I thought they were clever at first but have become increasingly annoyed with each use! Moving the mirror and stuff on dashboard every time, not being able to recline the chair fully and generally thinking I’m going to break them is so irritating - imo the other blinds are great but the design of these is not. The curtain seems much quicker and easier!

I agree - I thought they were clever at first but have become increasingly annoyed with each use! Moving the mirror and stuff on dashboard every time, not being able to recline the chair fully and generally thinking I’m going to break them is so irritating - imo the other blinds are great but the design of these is not. The curtain seems much quicker and easier!
We've never looked back from the Comfortz exterior cover. No condensation and a proper blackout material, but the velcro means you can peel it down to let light in if you wish. Rain isn't much of an issue either as the material isn't absorbent so dries quickly, I just wipe it with a microfibre and pop it in the bag if we're moving sites.

There’s someone selling a set of curtains from a2019 Beach on the VW California Accessories For Sale / wanted FB site ….. £45 a bargain! I paid that for the 2 door ones alone

We've never looked back from the Comfortz exterior cover. No condensation and a proper blackout material, but the velcro means you can peel it down to let light in if you wish. Rain isn't much of an issue either as the material isn't absorbent so dries quickly, I just wipe it with a microfibre and pop it in the bag if we're moving sites.

Yep we have the same one - it’s great but like to have internal back up if it’s pouring down!

There’s someone selling a set of curtains from a2019 Beach on the VW California Accessories For Sale / wanted FB site ….. £45 a bargain! I paid that for the 2 door ones alone

Wow that is a bargain!

Hi, I have these and now have exterior covers. Are you still interested. They are brand new and can send pictures

Back