Some pretty strange members on here....

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Been checking out who is online at diffrent times now a few days....
Seen some names witch never seen pop up in treads!
Seems there are some who are registerd , some even two to three years ago online this evening but without any post whatever.....as i got +2000 seems i been busy:D
Are we beeing spyed?
Can the mods shine some light on this rare thing ? How many of those silent members are there ?

Not talking about our @babygirl91 ....diffrent story ....she/he post things at least....just gave some tips on hook-up a while ago:bananadance

Last edited:
You can enjoy a forum and get a lot out of it without having to post

I read a lot and post occasionally. I don't get involved with a thread unless I feel I have something to offer. Same for all forums I am a member off. Sometimes I feel some people post for the sake of posting.

There will be shy people, dealers, maybe VWCS themselves... so yes, all sorts one expects.

Having spent over a decade on other forums, I have been amazed to receive insightful private messages from people with maybe 1-2 posts in five years, if any. Sometimes they just like to absorb information and not take the limelight.

I read a lot and post occasionally. I don't get involved with a thread unless I feel I have something to offer. Same for all forums I am a member off. Sometimes I feel some people post for the sake of posting.
Post.

:oops:

Only been a member a few months, joined just before buying my Cali and have found the information and advice on this forum really useful. Everything from pre purchase checklists to reduced insurance to buying parts and general advice.

I've only posted a few times but have spent hours on here and will contribute if I think I've got anything useful to add or need any advice that I can't find.

So by this post we do get to know each other more....
I am a wierdo indeed:bananadance
Just notice this a few days ago becose tapt on a name in the forum startpage witch i rarely use , i always use the page recent posts . There where names registred in 2012 with no post still yesterday online....found it strange...no?
For me the forum is charing things and just reading is fine , i'm just charing that i noticed this;)
The words "are we being spyed" was meant to be funny. Could wel be the mother in law checking things on me :Nailbiting
So to all the non posters reading this....keep on reading!

Last edited:
The occasional posters are those that have been recalled by VAG.

They are now operating on reduced emissions :shocked

It could be they are doing what you advocate Hotel Cali ;-) and searching before posting. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be they are doing what you advocate Hotel Cali ;-) and searching before posting. ;-)

Sure hope they do...!
But two years of search...?

It's true. I'm quite strange.

So by this post we do get to know each other more....
I am a wierdo indeed:bananadance
Just notice this a few days ago becose tapt on a name in the forum startpage witch i rarely use , i always use the page recent posts . There where names registred in 2012 with no post still yesterday online....found it strange...no?
For me the forum is charing things and just reading is fine , i'm just charing that i noticed this;)
The words "are we being spyed" was meant to be funny. Could wel be the mother in law checking things on me :Nailbiting
So to all the non posters reading this....keep on reading!
Without people posting there would be no forum. These people that stalk the forum must be able to contribute something to the cause. Like a campsite review or review of something that has made their Cali better or more usable, dealers they found good/bad...... I could go on with that list forever but these sort of things will help out others so why not post?!. Instead they are lurking in the background until they have a problem then expecting people to offer advice when they have given nothing in return.
Obviously a gross generalisation but that's my opinion.

What annoys me is the people that come on here with an urgent problem as their first ever post. They will then get the help they need and not say thank you or even a follow up on how they resolved the problem.

I think this is quite ignorant and seen it a few times. I also think we could do with a few more off topic posts, that is why I posted about leaving the EU and how it would affect the Cali life

Following this post made me think
Is there any risk to posting??
I recently posted a pic, with my number plate clearly visible.
I notice some hide the plates.
When I drive around anyone can see the number, so is there any need I haven't thaught of?
Our addresses are private arnt they?, as some do post when they are going away on holiday , when asking for advice.
What safety rules do people follow.?

When I drive around anyone can see the number, so is there any need I haven't thaught of?
Our addresses are private arnt they?, as some do post when they are going away on holiday , when asking for advice.

I conceal my number plates but I do that for my protection as a woman often travelling alone.

Not sure about the number plate reason (cloning?), I used to hide it but now I don't as said in this post anyone can see it unless you have a cloak function on your vehicle (although sometimes I think I'm invisible when I'm driving :rage).
I haven't put my address publicly on here and I only post when I'm back from a trip not before that I'm going, for this reason.

I conceal my number plates but I do that for my protection as a woman often travelling alone.
I mean this mostly tongue in cheek Jen, but
Surely , unless you drive wearing a male disguise , then people can look through the window of your van to see you are a woman alone?

I mean this mostly tongue in cheek Jen, but
Surely , unless you drive wearing a male disguise , then people can look through the window of your van to see you are a woman alone?

My moustache confuses everyone :(

Seriously, anyone reading these forums will a lot of the time know where I am heading and that I will be on my own. If they also knew my registration number then it would be asking for trouble.

I've had one nasty incident, I don't want more.

True they can see it in public but they have to physically see you to do that. There are several reasons why I do.

The Internet is an easy to find central respository of pics of vans and their plates.
They can be cloned.
The pics can be stolen and used to sell fake vans on eBay to scam people (deposit scams) which pass an hpi check.

Plus there are some unscrupulous sorts stealing vans and parts often in the industry who may have DVLA access and can handily look up your vans location.

Chances are slim but why risk it online they're certainly higher if your plate is easier to find.

It's true. I'm quite strange.

Aha , we found anotherone....;)

For sure we all are diffrent and the one is more open to conversations than another...
Seen some comments that some find that others just "post to post" , it is just a way of communicating ...some just reply a smily some write a chapter....

Still i find it rare if you registred here say in 2012 , and three to four years later still not even a introduction .....or any post whatever .
Feels to me like joining a finessclub and just sit at the bar all the time....

Back