Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

shake rattle and roll. !!

M

murphyrocks

Vehicle
Grand California 680
New wheels and tyres fitted could they really be the cause of my overhead cupboard rattles??

But here's the thing! ive been having lot of different issues with various bits, panel, pump, step, house battery, fridge, bathroom light , but the my biggest bug bear is the rattling overhead cupboards , when my van went in for its first service at Wooburn Green they did nothing to resolved the issue when I challenged them on this it seems its my fault for fitting non standard wheels and tyres.(be careful)

The catches are poor and the hinges are sub standard .

The wheels and tyres were sourced and fitted by a reputable company and are uk road legal also the ride now is smooth with little increase in road noise.

Mac

Nothing is fault - Gc is singing orchestra you when is drive - mine same music she plays all doors, bed and is best solution having favourite radio station plays louder than is Gc orchestra.

Do not complaining - is not fault - is make this way!

Good evening,

To get rid of rattles and other noises is time consuming and can be a good bit of work.

To be fair I think everything has that was put in (pots, pans etc). needs to be taken out. If after that the rattle still continues VW has to help.

I would not except that different tyres are responsible for it. It seems to me that some VW dealers love this kind of excuse to "wiggle out" to honor the warranty.

I had so many problems with my GC 600 (electronic). The first thing they blamed was the new power cable from the dashcam. Regardless that the extra power cable was installed by VW itself. Next they blamed the third party car alarm, even though the same issue appeared twice before the car alarm was even installed.

Campers are designed to please a wide group of people, meaning that many users want, or even, need to implement changes.

I plan to get an LPG external mount installed. A VW dealer told me to be careful because it could void the VW warranty. Rubish.

Yes, there are changes that if they develop problems won't be covered from VW - and rightly so. But sometimes VW try to make their life to easy.

Regards,
Eberhard

I don't know which wheel and tyre package you have, but larger diameter wheels and lower profile tyres will degrade ride quality (and cause more rattles). On the plus side, you should have more emphatic steering response and better body roll control in corners if such a wheel/tyre package is fitted. However, your VW dealer does have a point. Such footwear for a campervan is bound to cause more rattles.

New wheels and tyres fitted could they really be the cause of my overhead cupboard rattles??

But here's the thing! ive been having lot of different issues with various bits, panel, pump, step, house battery, fridge, bathroom light , but the my biggest bug bear is the rattling overhead cupboards , when my van went in for its first service at Wooburn Green they did nothing to resolved the issue when I challenged them on this it seems its my fault for fitting non standard wheels and tyres.(be careful)

The catches are poor and the hinges are sub standard .

The wheels and tyres were sourced and fitted by a reputable company and are uk road legal also the ride now is smooth with little increase in road noise.

Mac
My cupboards don't rattle at all. I've had plenty of other rattles which I've resolved but none with them.

Can you get someone to drive and then stand in the back and push down on things that you think are rattling? Very often rattling sounds are not coming from where the actual rattle is!

Back