Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattles

D

dominichayhoe

Vehicle
Grand California 600
One of my bug bears!

I've found three places that rattle so far, which solving has made a big difference. In order of worst item.

The outside tray/door to the sockets/tv point. This has cheap catches on it and the screws were loose and the catches not lined up with the metal plates. I have put some tape around the hinges and velour inside the door.

The toilet door. This has a clever magnetic latch that stays inside the door when the door is open, but it rattles when closed. I have put some velour inside the catch which has solved it.

The kitchen draw latches. Each now has velour inside the latches which has stopped them rattling.

The van's engine is so quiet compared to my previous Fiat based motorhome so it was a shame to ruin it with rattling!

any pictures ?
There's not much to see apart from the outside tray, which doesn't look pretty at the moment but at least it doesn't rattle!

I'll tidy it up by replacing the velour with white stick on stuff instead.

One of my bug bears!

I've found three places that rattle so far, which solving has made a big difference. In order of worst item.

The outside tray/door to the sockets/tv point. This has cheap catches on it and the screws were loose and the catches not lined up with the metal plates. I have put some tape around the hinges and velour inside the door.

The toilet door. This has a clever magnetic latch that stays inside the door when the door is open, but it rattles when closed. I have put some velour inside the catch which has solved it.

The kitchen draw latches. Each now has velour inside the latches which has stopped them rattling.

The van's engine is so quiet compared to my previous Fiat based motorhome so it was a shame to ruin it with rattling!
The best curer for the rattles is add one of these5E2EBCA1-A2D5-4AF6-8ABC-E2F77E06FE07.jpeg