Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scammers

P600BOO

P600BOO

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Take care lots of very cheap California's and other Motorhomes on Facebook Market place.
Scammer

Screenshot_20240403_155745_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_155130_Facebook.jpg

There are on eBay…
I’m sure there are.
But not in that group.

The larger photo was of a 3rd party conversion on which base vehicle I have no idea.

Interesting all priced at under £10k, not sure if coincidence or there is a reason why scammers choose to stay below £10k.

Saw on BBC news this morning scammers are now targeting funerals, how low can these people go, about time Meta spend more of their profits on stamping out scammers on their site, surly they could use their AI to find and remove adverts of this type.

There is always one that wants to be picky.
The point was, be aware of scammers.
Not picky , just accurate. If there had been a California in that group then your initial comment would have been accurate but instead, by highlighting that Conversion you gave the impression that you could not identify a California.

I suspect that whenever a marketplace, physical or virtual, gains a reputation for bargain buys, it will inevitably attract the scammers and the vulnerable.
The OPs message is a welcome reminder to be on your guard, whether buying a vehicle or whatever.
:thanks

Not picky , just accurate. If there had been a California in that group then your initial comment would have been accurate but instead, by highlighting that Conversion you gave the impression that you could not identify a California.
As I say, you are being picky and missing the point of my post.

As I say, you are being picky and missing the point of my post.
Your point remains. Thank you for the heads-up. I have seen many ads selling "Californias" that definitely are not. To the initiated the difference is obvious, to many less so.

Some people take pedantry to an art form.

Back