Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best way to sell California

M

murray0710

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
We are going to be selling our Berghaus and wondered what people's experiences were of selling either privately or to a dealer. If privately would you advertise here, Autotrader, anywhere else? Anyone got any experience of selling to a dealer. I know we will get less going the dealer route but also might be an easier sale. Have sold a couple of Motorhomes in the past back to dealers but not sure if there is the same kind of market for California's.

Jim

You will probably sell it through this posting! My guess is you will start receiving loads of PM's .. !

One thing is certain, the dealer is a business so you will receive less

Good luck but sad to hear you are selling up.

I believe we have sold close to 200 Cali's on our for sale pages some in only a few hours of going live.

Only selling because we are buying a holiday home abroad but will miss it when it's gone. If we go down the private route will place an advert on here although would prefer the trade route if the price was acceptable. Just wondering if anyone else has sold this way or if it's a non starter due to low trade offers or if there is no real market.

My guess you will have little difficulty selling, but obviously the price needs to be set at the correct level. Why not visit your local dealer to get a starting point? or, another way to get a value is to go to webuyanycar.com.

Then add a bit to the figure you are quoted and advertise on here.

Webuyanycar = £30,590, think I will pass on that one.

Emailed dealer I bought from early last week and got a reply saying they would contact me on Wednesday but haven't heard anything so have assumed that aren't interested.

Didn't realise so many had been sold on here so looks like best way forward is to sort some pictures out and put up an advert.

Webuyanycar = £30,590, think I will pass on that one.

Emailed dealer I bought from early last week and got a reply saying they would contact me on Wednesday but haven't heard anything so have assumed that aren't interested.

Didn't realise so many had been sold on here so looks like best way forward is to sort some pictures out and put up an advert.
Dealer is probably doing you a favour because you will get more privately, I was going to trade my previous one in but I got more just by mentioning it on here; so if you place a proper ad I think you will get what you are looking for.

Regarding webuyanycar, it's useful to have a baseline from them but that's about it.

Back