Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof repairs - front and rear done separately?

A

aileron346

VIP Member
Hi all. I'm on the waiting list for the front roof (nose cone?) repair. Separately, I have reported corrosion of the edge of the pop-up roof. Both are accepted for repair but I've been told the pop-up has to be done separately and within 56 days of the report and at any VW body shop.

I'd rather have them done together as I don't want the inconvenience and hassle of separate jobs and I really prefer the body shops doing the nose cone repairs to do both jobs...as I value their expertise dealing with the roof generally.

Anyone else been told similar and were you able to request a joint job? Thanks for any information.
(Sorry if discussed somewhere but I haven't found by searching).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had a letter from vwcs saying the same. I went back to Carrs Exeter to query the logic of this and they sorted things with my appointed repair centre and both jobs will be done together now. Waiting for the call from them any day now in fact to have it taken in!!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Both my elevating roof & front panel (RBC) were done by Shorade at the same time.

Both mine being done together as I write at AB Crush.
I think there is an option to have them done separately. The elevating roof work is just painting, no disassembly, whereas the front panel is a major job requiring specialit's and spare pars.