Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Roof Spoiler /Cone Catalytic Corrosion

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi Guys I know this ongoing issue of front roof cone / spoiler Catalytic Corrosion has been much discussed on here however I'm still somewhat confused, I'm wanting to get my almost perfect California year 2008 except for this roof corrosion sorted and a VW ( not main agent) highly recommended body repairer near me has quoted to remove the cone, repair, paint and fit an upgraded water seal / gasket then giving a written 24 months warranty, this company claims to have done this work 4-6 times previously successfully with other clients ( they claim 10+ cosmetic repairs without removing the cone), I've not seen any of the work done but they do seem professional when visiting their premises, latest bake ovens, confident, explaining all work to be done in the finest detail etc etc), they say the cone is easily removed without removing the pop top I thought the cone was like welded in place??, does anyone have an specific information on this?? Is this nose cone structural??

Hi Guys I know this ongoing issue of front roof cone / spoiler Catalytic Corrosion has been much discussed on here however I'm still somewhat confused, I'm wanting to get my almost perfect California year 2008 except for this roof corrosion sorted and a VW ( not main agent) highly recommended body repairer near me has quoted to remove the cone, repair, paint and fit an upgraded water seal / gasket then giving a written 24 months warranty, this company claims to have done this work 4-6 times previously successfully with other clients ( they claim 10+ cosmetic repairs without removing the cone), I've not seen any of the work done but they do seem professional when visiting their premises, latest bake ovens, confident, explaining all work to be done in the finest detail etc etc), they say the cone is easily removed without removing the pop top I thought the cone was like welded in place??, does anyone have an specific information on this?? Is this nose cone structural??
Did you get anywhere with this? Mine is leaking water through a previous repair on a '12 plate SE and needs the front spoiler removing and resealing. Based in East Yorks

Did you get anywhere with this? Mine is leaking water through a previous repair on a '12 plate SE and needs the front spoiler removing and resealing. Based in East Yorks
Click on " Google" link below.

452875000.png

Hi, my Cali is booked for 2 weeks time with Lincs VW they seem very professional and knowledgeable about California nose cones and have according to them done quite a few, so fingers crossed, ( I'll keep you updated)

Hi, my Cali is booked for 2 weeks time with Lincs VW they seem very professional and knowledgeable about California nose cones and have according to them done quite a few, so fingers crossed, ( I'll keep you updated)
Hi Guys I can highly recommend the workmanship from Lincs Vw, super job, perfect colour matching, I will certainly use them again in the future if I need bodywork on any of my vehicles

Back