Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ROOF ALIGNMENT T6.1

J

johnosborne1970

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. Cali 6.1 Nov 22. No idea if this is something that is insignificant and can be left or not. I seem to have a small gap at the driver's corner of the roof when closed. At the passenger side it is snug. Possibly no more than 1.5mm out at the driver's side. If I press the corner in a little it would be snug I think. It is not as far in the black "runner" as the passenger side but it's hard to say with the factory-fitted awning.

I raised and lowered it yesterday and the gap has lessened to the 1.5mm. It was maybe 0.5 to 1 mm wider before. Interestingly a black cover under the corner at the driver's side was loose (longish rectangular shape) and I clipped it back in. It wasn't damaged. The top "line" across the cockpit seems snug.

Very strangely on holiday in August, out of the blue, the roof got stuck when trying to raise it. Never had that before we were level save the back wheels were on chocks to level it back to front. A terrible whirring noise ensued and we immediately stopped, lowered it to "0" the tried again and it was fine. We think (as we were both in the cockpit) that the driver's corner had jammed. We have no idea why.

My question is: do the pictures show an alignment issue or is it within tolerance? I can be fussy and my eyes may just have to forget it. Alternatively should a Cali dealer test the alignment out? It all looks good at the back. Obviously no water ingress issues as it is supposed to cope with weather when up, but I would appreciate views. The roof operation has been flawless (and no dropping) save for the isolated "sticking" incident. Pictures attached. The home drive slopes down mildly at the passenger side. Thanks in advance.

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

Back