Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gap between roof rubber normal?

lovecalitravelbe

lovecalitravelbe

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all! I just installed a Brandrup ISO-TOP and while checking if the roof is still closing properly I noticed that there is a small gap between the rubber on the passenger side (see pictures). The other side is closed really tight like you would expect. I am wondering if this is normal and how it is with your vans. Any input greatly appreciated. Thank you!

F156418C-B83F-4F49-9877-8705C89627CD.jpeg

E1B00B86-8F6D-4883-ADE3-C0B6C8FD0D43.jpeg

No, that is not shut properly, did you remove or at least unzip the front of the isotop before lowering the roof? if all the zips end up together it makes the space up there very tight.

Don't have an isotop personally but the roof needs to close properly or you will get a lot rain in a gap like that when driving.

I'd suggest raising it fully and try to ensure there is no excess fabric in one area when it closes. Maybe a bellows bungee would help with that?

No, that is not shut properly, did you remove or at least unzip the front of the isotop before lowering the roof? if all the zips end up together it makes the space up there very tight.
Yeah, I removed the front. Good thinking regarding the zips, will play around with that. Thanks!!

Don't have an isotop personally but the roof needs to close properly or you will get a lot rain in a gap like that when driving.

I'd suggest raising it fully and try to ensure there is no excess fabric in one area when it closes. Maybe a bellows bungee would help with that?
Thanks for confirming this is not normal. Had to look up what a bellows bungee is ;-) great tip, something to try if I don’t find the issue.

It’s fixed already! I played around with the zippers and pulled the cloth down a bit while the roof was still coming down, like California Chris was doing in one of his videos. Not sure what did the trick, but now it fully closes

Back