Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rolling side windows

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Is there some kind of a program that can change for side windows?
When fully rolled down and trying to roll them up there is no effect on 1st button push and on 2nd one they roll up and only while holding.
I was sure it was auto roll up on a single button click before. Or was it always standard like that?
They also stopped reacting to remote closing on a locked car.

On mine Press and Hold Lock button then vehicle locks and any open front windows close. Similarly if vehicle is Locked then press and hold Unlock, unlock vehicle and opens both front windows.

1 click on the Door button and window opens fully. If open then 1 click fully shuts it. Now that is on the T5. It could have been programmed differently on the T6 but I cannot see why as that would be a backward step.

It worked from remote and 1click. Doesn't now.
Maybe can blame deflectors?

Maybe - but I've got the Deflectors on mine. Really need a T6 owner to check.

Mine works exactly like Welshies, so no difference to T5.

I'm guessing that if it worked from your remote, and now doesn't, then there must be problem somewhere.

As above. If it worked and now doesn't then clearly a fault somewhere.

Sometimes they throw a wobbler and need resetting. I think it tells how to do it in the manual.

Ok, today just 1 window was working properly and other not so I've just went into reading the manual.
Indeed there are 2 modes, manual and automatic. Can reset to manual on different occasions like battery drained.
Resets to automatic pretty easy. Close all windows and hold the trigger up for 3 seconds or so couple times.

I had this when I first fitted our Dubflectas on our T5. The window originaly went all the way up with one touch but after fitment it required the window switch to be held until it was all the way up. Returning the window to one touch operation is a simple matter that is dealt with in the manual or is in the T5 manual at least.
Sorry can't remember what you need to do without looking it up and I am weighed down at present by grandchildren. However I have just noticed that the answer has already been posted.

Last edited:
One more update. Indeed the deflectors are causing the reset.
If you hold the button up after the window is closed automatic mode turns on as mentioned before.
If you close the window in autom mode without holding and it doesn't like the deflector it opens back to the middle.
After 3 attempts it goes back to manual mode.
Oh well, gotta hold the button because I need the deflectors )

One more update. Indeed the deflectors are causing the reset.
If you hold the button up after the window is closed automatic mode turns on as mentioned before.
If you close the window in autom mode without holding and it doesn't like the deflector it opens back to the middle.
After 3 attempts it goes back to manual mode.
Oh well, gotta hold the button because I need the deflectors )
Might be worthwhile trying some Silicon Spray along the window rubber seal and Deflector.
That was mentioned in the instructions I had with my Deflectors.

Back