Side window (in sliding door) - locked closed

66tim99

66tim99

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi there,

My daughter struggled to open the side window as we were pootling along. When we stopped I investigated and also couldn't open the window, as whilst the top button was able to be 'pinched' down, and sprang back well, the bottom button was stuck in the 'up' position.
No amount of wiggling and jiggling seems to have had any effect at all.
Any thoughts how to rectify without a dealer trip would be most welcome.

Maybe a little WD40 might encourage it to move if its a bit sticky.

Hi there,

My daughter struggled to open the side window as we were pootling along. When we stopped I investigated and also couldn't open the window, as whilst the top button was able to be 'pinched' down, and sprang back well, the bottom button was stuck in the 'up' position.
No amount of wiggling and jiggling seems to have had any effect at all.
Any thoughts how to rectify without a dealer trip would be most welcome.
Hi, think this has just happened to one of our windows. The window wouldn’t open but then the bottom button is stuck in the squeezed up position. What did you do to fix it?

Hi, think this has just happened to one of our windows. The window wouldn’t open but then the bottom button is stuck in the squeezed up position. What did you do to fix it?
It was more noodling with silicone spray. I needed to encourage the window to move inwards first, rather than backwards. I now give windows/cupboard doors etc a little squirt occasionally when I clean the inside of the van.
Hope that helps.

It was more noodling with silicone spray. I needed to encourage the window to move inwards first, rather than backwards. I now give windows/cupboard doors etc a little squirt occasionally when I clean the inside of the van.
Hope that helps.
This has just happened to one of mine. After spraying it and noodling, has it behaved itself since?

This has just happened to one of mine. After spraying it and noodling, has it behaved itself since?
Yes it has. Until my mates 6 year old fiddled with it again - I’m not sure what these kids are doing but it has now happened twice. Same fix both times.
The window action isn’t a great design (I hear you shouldn’t jet wash it either), but it’s good enough.
Be nice if the T7 (or whatever) had electric rear windows though.

Back