Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rob8n Merrall-New Member

R

Robin Merrall

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good morning

Many thanks for accepting me me into your club. I have just purchas3d my VW California Ocean, and picking it up on the 24th.

I look forward to posting our experiences with it in the new future.

Robin

Been buying a few essentials. Probably more than we actually need. Just a couple of days to go now and we get the hand over on Saturday morning. Looking forward to the change of pace.

First week with our 2022 Cali Ocean. Been up Dunstable Downs and Invinghoe Beacon for a shake down. We enjoyed the experience immensely. Off out this weekend with our Grand daughter and our two dogs.
Minor niggle with the Kettering dealer over their Service Plan, so cancelled that. We did fine a perfect line of holes in the Awning, but a new one is being fitted on Monday.
Apart from mog not being great for any journey under 10 miles, we are so happy. Managed 40mpg on a longer drive, ad that is considered good l am led to believe.
Have 3 major outings to do before Christmas an a number of weekend jaunts. Will post reports as they happen.

20230630_103132.jpg

20230630_103155.jpg

Well then
We had had our first sleep in holiday in our Ocean. Learnt a few tricks, and discovered a few things not to do, like setting the Awning at an angle to allow the rain water to drain .. so l dont get soaked when we take it down and wind it in... lol :) . All in all, it was a very enjoyable break, despite the occasional shower. We like Norfolk a lot. We covered the area around the North of the county, being based at a very nice park at West Runton. we decided we do not need the new self inflarlting airbed, so that is going up for sale, as new. We also decided that we would not be going 'Wild', so the new Thetford PortaPotti is also going up for sale. Both are unused.
Looking forward to South Coast holiday in early October.

Well then
We had had our first sleep in holiday in our Ocean. Learnt a few tricks, and discovered a few things not to do, like setting the Awning at an angle to allow the rain water to drain .. so l dont get soaked when we take it down and wind it in... lol :) . All in all, it was a very enjoyable break, despite the occasional shower. We like Norfolk a lot. We covered the area around the North of the county, being based at a very nice park at West Runton. we decided we do not need the new self inflarlting airbed, so that is going up for sale, as new. We also decided that we would not be going 'Wild', so the new Thetford PortaPotti is also going up for sale. Both are unused.
Sounds like a successful maiden voyage then. Just a cautionary word about the wind out awning, others have had this collapse when too much water accumulates, as did our friends Fiamma unit on a conversion - now unusable. Definitely need to angle one side down for rain shedding, but watch the wind.

Well then
I’d have a couple more trips before you sell the portapotti. We set ours up in a toilet tent outside the van. It can prove invaluable first thing in the morning, if your pitch is some distance from the toilet block.

I’d have a couple more trips before you sell the portapotti. We set ours up in a toilet tent outside the van. It can prove invaluable first thing in the morning, if your pitch is some distance from the toilet block.
Agree - we turned up at a Caravan Club site last month and the site power went off. No loos for 6 hours! Also, it does allow you to stay overnight in a pub car park etc.

Sounds like a successful maiden voyage then. Just a cautionary word about the wind out awning, others have had this collapse when too much water accumulates, as did our friends Fiamma unit on a conversion - now unusable. Definitely need to angle one side down for rain shedding, but watch the wind.
Hi, point taken. On the second night, l did drop one corner by 2", it did the trick. We also took the precaution of purchasing the extended tie down straps. These proved perfect for the job, as well as giving us that extra piece of mind that we had done as much as we could to limit the possible damage that the weather could do.