Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remote window function

Sorry folks, I made an error about the wiper parking position.

If you have the older style metal multi-piece wiper blades original from the factory then they need to be parked vertically to lift then from the screen.

If you have the one piece blades as original from the factory then the arms will lift when they are parked flat.

I've not compared the shape of the arms but there must be a difference between the two models.

Apologies for my error.

Rod

rod_vw said:
No problem!

I am still interested to see a picture of the arms/blades which don't need the parking position.

Rod_vw: do you have an album of your earlier vehicles? (Subject for a different thread maybe)

rod_vw said:

If you have the older style metal multi-piece wiper blades original from the factory then they need to be parked vertically to lift then from the screen.

If you have the one piece blades as original from the factory then the arms will lift when they are parked flat.

I've not compared the shape of the arms but there must be a difference between the two models.

Apologies for my error.

Rod

On my Face Lift (2010) van the blades do come off the screen slightly, but the left arm is set down below the bonnet edge. When lifted this fouls the back edge of the bonnet which prevents the whole wiper arm lifting and locking back at right angles to the screen.

The photo posted earlier clearly shows this on the LHD Face Lift vehicle.

The right wiper arm (on a RHD) will lift and lock back for washing the screen and blade changes, however the left one does not, hence the vertical park provision.

Alan

Here are some pictures of the wiper arms on our 2014 Kombi. The van was manufactured about September 2013 but is a 2014 model.

[album]1820[/album][album]1819[/album][album]1818[/album]

Re the pictures of some of our previous campers, I will try to put some up on another site and let you know where they are.

Rod

Thanks for those pictures!
That makes it clearer.
With flat blades, they don't need to bend the passenger's arm down to clear the driver's blade.

I was going to swap my arms & blades for the latest flat ones & that is another (small) reason for going that way.

Back