Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver side window - button works going up but not going down

S

Super cali

VIP Member
Hi all,
We have a 2015 Beach. The drivers door window button is not responding when I press it to get the driver window down, but does respond when I want it up. It does not feel like it's 'engaging' - i.e. completely dead- when pressed to put window down. Once the window is down, (by using remote key) I can pull on the door button to get the window up. When I use the remote key, I can press the 'unlock' and 'lock' button to get the window up and down. I can operate the passenger window from my drivers door buttons no problem. Does this suggest it is not a fuse? I've wiggled the rubber thing between the door and van as others suggested, and tried the remote key thing too, but no luck.
If it is a fuse, I'll have to post another question, as I've confused myself by reading too many bits on here as to whether this fuse would be in the 'dash' under my drinks holder - I got it off and had a look - phew - or under the passenger chair. Again, had a look and said mmm. Thought I'd ask here before heading to a garage in case the answer is obvious to someone. Thanks so much in advance.

if your reasonably handy i would pop out the button panel. swap the wires from drivers side switch to passenger side and see if the fault migrates across to the passenger window. if it does then you need a new switch

That's brill - thank you. We did try that, but it was so tough to 'pop out' that we stopped, in case we shouldn't be doing it. Maybe we'll try again if you think it's pop out-able. Thanks for the suggestion.

yes it is. some trim removal tools would help you avoid damage but otherwise try a plastic scraper or filler tool or something. if you google t6 electric window switch theres videos of the switch panel being popped out