Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommended Options for the Cali SE

P

pgben

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I am seeking advice on options. I am looking at a new Cali SE 140 (maybe DSG) and wondered what other options/extras experienced owners would recommend. Main use will be weekends and short breaks, but I want to keep my options open for European touring.

To date I have been told that front and rear parking sensors and metallic paint are a must. Are there any other must-haves? Also does anyone have a view on DSG vs. manual?

There are lots of different views as to which is better dsg or manual.
I would say privacy,cruise,awning,and mfsw are the very least you should spec :thumb
Good luck

I have a manual (mainly because the Berghaus wasn't available in DSG) and I currently have a DSG loan vehicle.

For me it's DSG all the way and having the loan vehicle just confirms how much the DSG suits the Cali.

I loved driving the 140 manual it really suits the 140 engine but was very disapoimted in the DSG 140 it feels heavy and unresponsive however in the 180 either DSG or manual works really well we opted for the 180 DSG and love it.The best option we have is the integrated Bluetooth premium.

We have 180 4-motion with manual box - great combination.

Extras: Definitely cruise control - great for the motorway sections
Privacy glass is great
DAB radio - mainly because in 20 years we want people to pass us and say "look at that old couple in that great old T5"- and they are bound to have turned off FM radio by then.
Parking sensors are great
Xenon headlights - the headlights themselves aren't anything special but I'm afraid I love the "bling" led driving lights that come with the package

Whatever you get - have great fun!

You got a budget then use it ..
We love to spend other peoples money on this forum ...
Lol

180 DSG
parking sensors
window tint
MFS
side bars
monster mats
seat cover (your own choice)

:cool

Calikev said:
There are lots of different views as to which is better dsg or manual.
I would say privacy,cruise,awning,and mfsw are the very least you should spec :thumb
Good luck
Not quite Andy :thumb :smile

Definitely privacy glass, mfsw, Bluetooth, DAB and delete electric door. Nice to haves are the xenons as the normal lights are poor, climatronic if you carry passengers or kids, electric diff if you have 4motion. Sounds like my spec....

The options we have on our rentals, which we see as the must have options for use and sale are;

Climate
PDC
privacy
Multifunction steering wheel
5th seat
Cruise
Sun canopy
Safe
metallic

I wouldn't bother with the DAB, unless you are fitting a second aerial as the standard aerial is in the mirror and constantly cuts in and out.

Xenons are a very nice option - They look good, and are one of the best and brightest headlights I've used.

The factory sat nav is very expensive, but I prefer it to the kenwood - I can also supply new RNS 510's for £1050+VAT, so half price.

Many thanks to all those who advised on options.

I updated my features list accordingly and finally found a 140 manual ex-demonstrator in Olympian Blue. I pick it up in a couple of weeks.

Back