Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Possible changes to my order

I'd read a thread here where the conclusion seemed to be that, if you're going for 4motion, you may as well go the whole hog and get the diff lock too. I know I'll need the 4 wheel drive and there's definitely a possibility that I'll need the diff lock too.

Where I live, we're basically in a valley between to big hills/small mountains, Pen y Ghent and Ingleborough, and we can get a bit of snow. I live a bit lower down but this picture, borrowed from the internet, is not a million miles from the view out my back door :)

PenyGhentSnow.jpg

I'd read a thread here where the conclusion seemed to be that, if you're going for 4motion, you may as well go the whole hog and get the diff lock too. I know I'll need the 4 wheel drive and there's definitely a possibility that I'll need the diff lock too.

Where I live, we're basically in a valley between to big hills/small mountains, Pen y Ghent and Ingleborough, and we can get a bit of snow. I live a bit lower down but this picture, borrowed from the internet, is not a million miles from the view out my back door :)

PenyGhentSnow.jpg
Fully agree with your choice in your location. Be careful with your diamond cut wheels. My wife has them on her EOS & if scraped/kerbed you cannot repair them other than taking to a refurbisher who'll charge £125 upwards per wheel. Shouldn't be a problem on the Cali as a 235 on a 7" rim. EOS has 235 on an 8" rim so little tyre wall protection.

Fully agree with your choice in your location. Be careful with your diamond cut wheels. My wife has them on her EOS & if scraped/kerbed you cannot repair them other than taking to a refurbisher who'll charge £125 upwards per wheel. Shouldn't be a problem on the Cali as a 235 on a 7" rim. EOS has 235 on an 8" rim so little tyre wall protection.
On that note. Stumbled across these. Evidently protect your alloys from kerbing . I'd never heard of them any views?

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/alloygator-wheel-protectors/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On that note. Stumbled across these. Evidently protect your alloys from kerbing . I'd never heard of them any views?

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/alloygator-wheel-protectors/

Got a set of Rimblades which seem to be very similar but ended up not fitting them. Glued on & thought once kerbed how do you get it off without damaging the rim surface.
Had a look at the photos on a set of Davenports with 235's for sale on here, the tyres should protect the rims more than any bits of plastic on the rim.

Got a set of Rimblades which seem to be very similar but ended up not fitting them. Glued on & thought once kerbed how do you get it off without damaging the rim surface.
Had a look at the photos on a set of Davenports with 235's for sale on here, the tyres should protect the rims more than any bits of plastic on the rim.
Thanks. I'll save my money

BJG there are situations when you need diff lock. You don't need it driving in deep snow. For me it is better to drive without diff lock in deep snow and uphill.

Back