Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll: What discount did you get on a T6 Cali?

What discount did you achieve on your purchase of a T6 VW California

• No Discount

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5%

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • 6%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 7%

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • 8%

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • 9%

Votes: 32 19.6%

• Total voters
So after your 5% they will only be getting 2%, which works out at about £800 on a £40000 + VAT vehicle? They must have more than that in it, there's more margin than that in a 5 year old Ford Fiesta on sale at your local Arthur Daleys! :confused:
Yeah I agree - it sounds like a tall story that dealers only get 7%!

Yeah I agree - it sounds like a tall story that dealers only get 7%!
Yep, don't feel sorry for them. If you've done your homework, know your spec and your best price give Guy Vincent a call at Lancashire VW van centre, Preston. I did, he knew i had done the above and gave me his best price and got the order. Very good to deal with and with the fast choo choo from London to Preston easy to collect. I'm sure most dealers will be having a slack week so go in hard! good luck.

Also you should be getting at least 10% on the dealer options as they have more of a margin. We got 10% on ours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 7% is what's called up front margin ,it's kept small so the dealer cannot give too much away hence weakening residual values and the dealer not making any money out of the deal,however they will then have at least 10% back end margin which is realised by hitting their volume target ,customer satisfaction target and all sorts of other targets,the dealers who are confidant of hitting all these targets will then gamble some of their back end margin...it's a game really and sometimes it's the weaker less Cali knowledgable dealers who have to give the most off .

We are ready to go with our order and want to order within a few weeks.
From the first dealer we have tried we have been offered 5% on the basic vehicle price (£40570) and our factory options (about £3400 inc vat), though no discounts are being offered on the dealer fitted options and charges, which
Fuel-£17
Comfort Mattress-£400
Gard X £333
Delivery £ 585 (WTF?!?!?)
Registration £55
Road Tax £255

We are not going to accept the 5% only but are being told their margin is 7% so they can't budge on that.
Drive the Deal offering 7.8% on the same spec though I guess all those added bits above would be the same?!?!
Are people getting better overall deals by discounts on the dealer options? Or getting things thrown in? Or does anyone know if Drive The Deal charge less for all the fees and delivery? Does DTD force you down the finance route? Is life too short?
Compared DTD price & good discount from a dealer. Only £50 difference. DTD is only 6 mths road tax. We would rather collect from the dealer armed with the forums checklist . DTD don't force down the finance route. Remember DTD will be a VW main dealer.

Yes with Gasgas. Be nice when it comes to the after sales survey. I'm a logical guy so when it came to .........will you buy from the same dealer again..... I responded probably. Apparently this was costly to the dealer.

I can recommend DTD from previous experience. Really smooth process and takes the haggling out of the process which worked for me. They put you in touch with a VW dealer who takes care of the order & runs through options with you (which you can change if necessary) - exactly the same as normal but not face to face. The issue is this could be anywhere in UK and although they offer free delivery I think most people would want to pick up a £40-£50k car from the dealer direct in case any immediate issues on hand over.

In process of putting in order for T6 California Ocean 4MT 204PS. Offered 7% discount by Breeze in Poole. They will take our present 3 year old California SE 180 in part exchange but only offered £27000. Hopefully can get significantly more if go for a private sale.

Webuyanycar.com has offered £30,845!!:)

In process of putting in order for T6 California Ocean 4MT 204PS. Offered 7% discount by Breeze in Poole. They will take our present 3 year old California SE 180 in part exchange but only offered £27000. Hopefully can get significantly more if go for a private sale.

Fore sure it's worth more than that :)

They will take our present 3 year old California SE 180 in part exchange but only offered £27000.
Were they wearing masks? :confused:

By the way, I was quoted 14 weeks delivery time. Do you think that's reasonable?

By the way, I was quoted 14 weeks delivery time. Do you think that's reasonable?
Perhaps 14 weeks delivery after they give you a build date which will probably be about 5 months :headbang
Not heard of any confirmed T6 delivery dates yet, sorry this "14 weeks" looks very optimistic. :(

I can recommend DTD from previous experience. Really smooth process and takes the haggling out of the process which worked for me. They put you in touch with a VW dealer who takes care of the order & runs through options with you (which you can change if necessary) - exactly the same as normal but not face to face. The issue is this could be anywhere in UK and although they offer free delivery I think most people would want to pick up a £40-£50k car from the dealer direct in case any immediate issues on hand over.
Drive the deal ends 30 September, does anyone know what happens after this? Do they roll it on to the next month??

I'd give DTD a call - however with current news I'd be very surprised if VW weren't offering similar deals ongoing to entice sales.

Still in discussion phase, but have had one dealer who despite a showroom visit, an interest in a pre-registered T5 and a number of emails back and forth on spec basically ended up offering me list price .:rolleyes:

Have now found a really good sounding dealer, not a million miles from me and who seems keen to do a deal and is edging towards the DTD price.

Still in discussion phase, but have had one dealer who despite a showroom visit, an interest in a pre-registered T5 and a number of emails back and forth on spec basically ended up offering me list price .:rolleyes:

Have now found a really good sounding dealer, not a million miles from me and who seems keen to do a deal and is edging towards the DTD price.
Glad to hear you getting some progress. Our dealer seems to have disappeared and I need to chase them. If I could find a dealer to do the DTD discount or close I would order my T6 today. Maybe your dealer interested in getting some additional business?

Glad to hear you getting some progress. Our dealer seems to have disappeared and I need to chase them. If I could find a dealer to do the DTD discount or close I would order my T6 today. Maybe your dealer interested in getting some additional business?
Hi Kevin,

If you send me your contact details I'll get my dealer to get in touch. He's just called me back again and seems able to put a strong deal together, so probably well worth you have a chat with him.

Hi Kevin,

If you send me your contact details I'll get my dealer to get in touch. He's just called me back again and seems able to put a strong deal together, so probably well worth you have a chat with him.
Great-except I am not sure how to send private messages on this forum-any idea?

Great-except I am not sure how to send private messages on this forum-any idea?
Weird, just assumed it would have private message facility like other fora I'm on. My email is s r obinson (but as one word) at salesengine dot co Dot uk.

Weird, just assumed it would have private message facility like other fora I'm on. My email is s r obinson (but as one word) at salesengine dot co Dot uk.
You both have to be VIP members to send private messages or " conversations" as they are called on this forum.

You both have to be VIP members to send private messages or " conversations" as they are called on this forum.
Fair enough. Have placed an order, so will do the vip but soon.

I'm very very close to placing an order this weekend with DtD for a T6 Ocean. Do we think VW might start discounting further following the emissions shambles, or is the 7-8% on offer from DtD as good as it's going to get?

I'm very very close to placing an order this weekend with DtD for a T6 Ocean. Do we think VW might start discounting further following the emissions shambles, or is the 7-8% on offer from DtD as good as it's going to get?
I think it is impossible to say at the moment, things may change in time if the scandal starts to hit sales however the T6 uses ad blue as an emissions control method so it is not directly affected (or so we are all being told). If you are in a position to wait then better deals may be around but then you are delaying the delivery date. It is always worth going to one of the dealerships giving good deals (see other threads) and asking what they can do to convince you to place an order now. Dealers may not increase the direct discount but there are other options such as free services which could result in a better overall deal than DTD.

Back