Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll: What discount did you get on a T6 Cali?

What discount did you achieve on your purchase of a T6 VW California

• No Discount

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5%

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • 6%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 7%

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • 8%

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • 9%

Votes: 32 19.6%

• Total voters
Better on finance as typically a £750 incentive is offered.

We ended up paying 1.3% more for the benefit of paying outright for the vehicle.

Leemac, wasn't the darker interior only available with the 3 sat bench? I know we didn't have any choice when ordering ours last year (2 seat bench).

If you can get a decent discount, you can cover the seats. And I seem to remember somewhere people saying the darker interior was actually quite gloomy. although I've never seen one, so have no comparison.

I'm not up in the options on my14/15 but I just really liked the colourway and it also feels a much more durable package to me than the lighter colourway.
I had a sneak peak at a T6 kombi today in Acapulco Blue, I must say it looked very nice inside and out apart from the paintwork, I own an Olympic blue T5 and the new lighter more pastel colourway was a little bland, marmite I suppose.

The dash layout as per the catalogue looked much more car like and overall I think new owners will be happy.

So according to this poll 14 people have got 8%+ discount, would any of you care to share who this is with as I contacted 10 dealers all over the UK and I could only get a maximum of 5%!

So according to this poll 14 people have got 8%+ discount, would any of you care to share who this is with as I contacted 10 dealers all over the UK and I could only get a maximum of 5%!
Hi Duncan. Are you a VIP member of the forum? If not, join and then look at one of the private threads that detail it all with some saying where they got the deal. :)

It would be useful to know whether the discounts quoted are for cash deals or finance. The dealers earn a commission on the finance and can use some of this to offset the discounts.

Even if you can buy it outright, in my experience it is better to say you are taking finance, then change your mind at the last minute ;)

Cash no finance on 5% for me on T6 and just been offered 8% discount on a new my15 beach. No finance either.

my 7.8% discount was given before ever asking how I'm paying.
I am going finance which unsurprisingly has no dealer contribution (they don't have a need to incentivise do they?) and the apr is 5.9%. Not awful, not great.

Hi all obviously there was a lot in disbelief the t6
Would be available to order from August 15 and wasn't taking on board about residuals of how it will or would affect the t5 prices saying t6s wouldn't be about until late 16 2017 well they'll be here before then.
Let be serious T5s have been bringing serious money throughout the summer as they say though it's worth as much as the man will give
but with the not only the winter approaching and the t6 as well it will be a sure test now to see how the figures hold up
They won't fall off a cliff but however they'll probably fall to around or just below book value
The dealers probably are holding off on giving build dates as they'll have t5 stock to move still and will need to return a revenue for those there will be some deals to be had at the dealers on a t5 if you're patient wait till the weather turns and the closer the t6 becomes the dealers will be doing great deals on what t5s they have left
Then the used will follow well they certainly won't go up that's for sure what ever you buy t5 or t6 there a great vehicle

I've been offered a T5 with at least 15% discount now ex demo with 2k miles, it works out to £6000 off list price.

I'm 99% yes, just can't believe it will get better

I've been offered a T5 with at least 15% discount now ex demo with 2k miles, it works out to £6000 off list price.

I'm 99% yes, just can't believe it will get better
Thats a lot of miles for a demo isn't it? More like used. What model and Reg is it?

We have just cancelled our order for a T6 Beach and bought a T5 SE from the same dealer for less than the T6 price as they offered us a deal we could not refuse.

2015 Plate 140 SE for £41k !!! It had all the bits we wanted including parking sensors, privacy, leather and DAB. Pick it up next Friday.

We have just cancelled our order for a T6 Beach and bought a T5 SE from the same dealer for less than the T6 price as they offered us a deal we could not refuse.

2015 Plate 140 SE for £41k !!! It had all the bits we wanted including parking sensors, privacy, leather and DAB. Pick it up next Friday.
Think you need to change your forum name to Dick Turpin! Well done, cracking van at a great price. Show's it can be done, perhaps the dealer was getting end of summer jitters.:thumb:thumb:bananadance:bananadance

T6 beach sounds as though you've got yourself a deal there

See that's a huge saving and that's now wait a little longer and the deal offers will be that good it will be a ex demo t5 or a new t6
There's used California's up for more than the deal you've got at 41k for a 15 reg with 2k
the used will then follow down in value. To a more sensible figure or they will when they once people realise.

Shopping around pays off
Our 180 DSG was less than some 140 manuals with less spec and more miles when we took the plunge in 2012

Last edited:
I put 6500 miles on a dealers Cali!

What is the password for the T6 discount privacy page.

It is no longer in use as they were unable to gain a good enough discount via bulk buying.

my 7.8% discount was given before ever asking how I'm paying.
I am going finance which unsurprisingly has no dealer contribution (they don't have a need to incentivise do they?) and the apr is 5.9%. Not awful, not great.
Hi Daveyboydanger - I joined the VIP and have look at the password protected link re discounts but can't see any links to who people have actually used.
I have been 'trying' to haggle with the Edinburgh dealer and have only manged 5% off a beach and 5.9% APR which as you say is fine but not great. I wondered if you might be able to PM me with the dealer you used as 7.8% is worth a trip to wherever it is in the country!! it is around £1000 less than I am being offered.
Thanks in advance.
Smudge

Don't forget the California is now on Drive the deal with around an 8% discount, this could help you negotiate with a dealer.

Last edited:
Hi Daveyboydanger - I joined the VIP and have look at the password protected link re discounts but can't see any links to who people have actually used.
I have been 'trying' to haggle with the Edinburgh dealer and have only manged 5% off a beach and 5.9% APR which as you say is fine but not great. I wondered if you might be able to PM me with the dealer you used as 7.8% is worth a trip to wherever it is in the country!! it is around £1000 less than I am being offered.
Thanks in advance.
Smudge
Hi. You are looking at the wrong link the password protected was for a bulk buy that never happened. Look at the link above that. No password needed, only need to be a VIP member.

Hi.. looking to order a California Beach 150 manual (yellow hopefully). Checking on drive the deal: anyone recommend what options to add, it's my first Cali?!!

Back