Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Toffee Brown

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is Fresco Green.....but if your gonna free camp...just do it as no one really cares what your up to....I think the main obstacle is maybe if the van occupants are hesitant......

Had to put it down as other and not sure what colour it is, maybe someone can tell us !

We where told by the dealer its a new colour not in the brochure yet.

Its brown but we bent the roof on our 2nd outing and when we went to see about getting a new one the actual colour was something wood, i didn't take much notice as I was stressed at the time!

Mark

markt said:
Had to put it down as other and not sure what colour it is, maybe someone can tell us !

We where told by the dealer its a new colour not in the brochure yet.

Its brown but we bent the roof on our 2nd outing and when we went to see about getting a new one the actual colour was something wood, i didn't take much notice as I was stressed at the time!

Mark

Mark - I believe it is Dark Wood - a pearl paint.

It's been available in other markets for some time and it looks really nice.

James

We finally have a Samoa red! There were two for sale at Preston (where we bought us) Van Centre but I was a bit worried about resale value.

Not heard of dark wood; any pics?!

KernowLad said:
We finally have a Samoa red! There were two for sale at Preston (where we bought us) Van Centre but I was a bit worried about resale value.

Not heard of dark wood; any pics?!

It's not very accurate of course - but if you go on VW.DE - you can configure a California - if you look on there you can choose 'Dark Wood' as they describe it.

Would like to see some pics of the van though it looks a lovely colour :)

Samoa Red looks lovely from what i have seen - would love to see a pic of that?

James

I think this is dark wood?

2258777102.jpg

Martin said:

2258777102.jpg

So almost a non metallic brown? Looks pretty cool and I know I'll get shot down for it, but I have a thing for banded steels - they just suit a T5 so well!

KernowLad said:
Martin said:

2258777102.jpg

So almost a non metallic brown? Looks pretty cool and I know I'll get shot down for it, but I have a thing for banded steels - they just suit a T5 so well!

No not at all!

In Germany the Beach comes with standard 17 inch steels )I think) - I think they look really appealing.

I agree with you - pretty cool :)

I believe in Germany the base full Cali's come with steels

James

I have a bit of a thing about the ever increasing size of wheels. Spent eons looking for a 335d (BMW) with 17" (the smallest the brakes will allow!) rims and really can't abide the trend towards vast alloys on comically low profile but super wide rubber.

Will always go as small as possible on wheel size and the steels just look so bulletproof as well. Like our "Thunders" and steels would probably look odd, but they are definitely cool.

KernowLad said:
I have a bit of a thing about the ever increasing size of wheels. Spent eons looking for a 335d (BMW) with 17" (the smallest the brakes will allow!) rims and really can't abide the trend towards vast alloys on comically low profile but super wide rubber.

Will always go as small as possible on wheel size and the steels just look so bulletproof as well. Like our "Thunders" and steels would probably look odd, but they are definitely cool.

Yes - as a T25/Vanagon owner is makes me chuckle when I see owners and T4 owners put on large wheels, particularly with the T25's - it doesn't suit them.

The dark wood is pearlescent paint finish - looks lovely.

James

Custard said:
KernowLad said:

Yes - as a T25/Vanagon owner is makes me chuckle when I see owners and T4 owners put on large wheels, particularly with the T25's - it doesn't suit them.

The dark wood is pearlescent paint finish - looks lovely.

James

It sounds very nice indeed!

Cornwall is chock full of T5s on 20++" rims. Even 22" ones. On a van.

Oh very dear.... :lol:

I have reached the age where comfort and practicality are key
I also have seen t5's on 22 's enough to shake your teeth out :rofl :rofl

I don't know the correct name for our Cali but it's dark mettalic blue on a 2008 tdi 4motion.
I put night blue (I think) on the poll.

Martin said:
We now have three sunny yellow's? I thought Betty was our only yellow beach?

i thought there were two? - the more the better :)

I am going to be daring here and say that it's my favourite colour on the Beach - though the red and the white look awesome as well.

james

viking said:
I don't know the correct name for our Cali but it's dark mettalic blue on a 2008 tdi 4motion.
I put night blue (I think) on the poll.

Storm blue?
That's what our cali is - its the darkest blue that they did.

Custard said:
Martin said:

I am going to be daring here and say that it's my favourite colour on the Beach - though the red and the white look awesome as well.

james

It seems to fluctuate between two and three, I am sure it said two on the poll this morning but now says three again, either someone is not sure of their colour or they are tampering with the poll ! :?:

Martin said:
Custard said:
Martin said:

james

It seems to fluctuate between two and three, I am sure it said two on the poll this morning but now says three again, either someone is not sure of their colour or they are tampering with the poll ! :?:

It says one now - I was sure there were two on the forum.

It's a talking point colour!!!

I wouldn't have a 'flat' colour with a Beach - it has to be fun - has to reflect its character
James

Freeley says he thinks my dark blue mettalic 2008 Cali Is STORM BLUE (the same as his) why can't all the older Cali colours be included in the poll :?: :thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back