Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Personalised Plates

I have 3:
D5ERT which I bought as was only slightly more £ than having a randomly allocated one when I imported a car years ago. Always worn.

OO04 AHH... I’ve no idea what possessed me to buy this 16 years ago but it’s never been worn.

BO11VAR bought it because I was involved in a mining business in South America. Never worn it. The biz closed.

I wonder where this plate frivolousness will take me next....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was offered OX11 GEN (my business trades as Oxygen) in 2011 for £2k. Wish I had bought it. Last time I saw it was advertised at £9k.

PEN 15 was always a sought-after plate as I recall. Although I can't recall why.
Apparently the guy who bought it is a right d...
(Time to get my coat... )

once bought B1RTE for £999 from dvla.Sold for £19500 four years later... now got CA11 VWC on the cali.. fingers crossed worth afew quid sometime?
A great return! Although it doesn't happen that often, fantastic to hear of someone actually making a good profit on a plate.

None here.
Think they are a bit chavvy if I’m honest.

Take cover...:Iamsorry
I thought the same until I spent a King's Ransome on our Cali, so I decided to get a personal plate.

AC62 VAN, Our first initials, the year of registration etc.

Apparently the guy who bought it is a right d...
(Time to get my coat... )

Steve Parrish, ex truck and motorcycle racer owns it, along with 60CK which is on his Range Rover

I've got VW 680GC and VW 600GC to go on a Grand California when I decide which one I'm having , could do with a 4 motion 600GC then my mind would be made up.

Some are quite comical...
A guy round the corner has 5oo Sick. Does make me smile when I see it.

It was two Bentleys if i remember correct
They belong to a theatre producer and her husband. Seem to be on an Aston and a Range Rover now but Bentleys have been involved previously.

I have F2 RUN on my Cali - guess my passion !. I also have VW68 CAL that I am considering putting up for sale .....

I've also got GR60CAL GR68CAL Before I found WN600GC VW680GC on the DVLA web site, Im awash with retention certificates.

We have X5CRD on the Cali and L13CRD on our car.
The nick name my wife uses for me is Crid, a short form of my family name. The L13 is for Liz.
Alan

This plate was on my Cali when I bought it used - wonder how much of the purchase price it accounted for? Not personal to me but VERY personal to the van.CA07DUB.jpg

Hi Guys,

Went to to Camper Mart at the weekend, and whilst it was mainly for mods / selfbuilds I personally love the show scene and tha community feeling of such events.

In any case, a number of vans there had personalised plates on, some very clever and suitable. Just wondered what people had on theirs?

Cheers
Hi. I have a Cali my number plate is C1 VWC
Hi Guys,

Went to to Camper Mart at the weekend, and whilst it was mainly for mods / selfbuilds I personally love the show scene and tha community feeling of such events.

In any case, a number of vans there had personalised plates on, some very clever and suitable. Just wondered what people had on theirs?

Cheers

I used to own A1 VUU then stupidly sold it, I believe it’s on a VW Eos now

Hi guys.
I was very lucky. My vans only previous owner from new was such a great VW enthusiast !!!
prior to buying and registration he bought from the DVLC. VW16 CAL for my 2016 Ocean. I absolutely love it. So many people comment.
I had only bought the van last year in Poole Dorset in August and an hour after I was in a car park at Studland beach going for a walk, when a couple approached me to buy the plate for their California !!!!
Oh..... and as a retired Police Officer, I can tell you that our boys in blue, are quite frankly about to stop or enquire into the registration of a VW Ocean or Beach!!!!. Unless of course you are carrying 5 kilos of white stuff!!!!!
Criminals and general wrongdoers do not own and fuss about their VW California, pride and joy!!!! Unless of course you for the issue and have an RTA!!!!

Just Initials on 2 vehicles. Makes remembering the number easier for parking machines.

Care needs to be taken in complying with legal requirements on typeface-letter spacing and. manufacturers name etc.
Police are getting tough on this as NPR and speed cameras need standard plates. MOT fail if not complying.

Personalised number plates - I just can’t see the point. It’s a bit like having a tattoo. A lot of them are illegal and should be withdrawn by the DVLA.
Anyway the plate I have is personal to my California-no one else has it!!

Hi Guys,

Cheers

935076B4-11F1-4293-9149-795E30882569.jpeg

0F60940A-02B0-4171-9642-2A9F32804C6E.jpeg

Personalised number plates - I just can’t see the point. It’s a bit like having a tattoo. A lot of them are illegal and should be withdrawn by the DVLA.
Anyway the plate I have is personal to my California-no one else has it!!
I don’t think DVLA have jurisdiction over tattoos. At least I hope not... there’s a whole new topic for a thread; show us yours? ;)

Back