Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Personalised Plates

Probably more to a QC
According to family legend, Grandpa could have had 1 CAR for £5 instead. He chose 1 BAR because he was a member of the Bar Council, a QC, and the Recorder of Rochester.

I was going to say a QC would pay more than 20k

I like "3 letters 3 numbers" plates, so have variations on this theme on all my vehicles.
For my wife and I, I would love IIB 811, or OIB 810, or even the slight twist of OIL 710, but they were beyond my reach and profligacy to purchase!!

Hi Guys,

Went to to Camper Mart at the weekend, and whilst it was mainly for mods / selfbuilds I personally love the show scene and tha community feeling of such events.

In any case, a number of vans there had personalised plates on, some very clever and suitable. Just wondered what people had on theirs?

Cheers

Have combined my daughters 2 names to come up with a name (and a numberplate) for our Cali!

You see a lot of T5,T6 plates on California's wil we see T6.1 ?

BE69 LES is available from DVLA for £799
Thanks for that :) The Cali is 68 & the Toyota 67 both with p plates on If we find a spare £799 we could put it on a retention certificate but that’s unlikely:thanks

The downside of personalised plates, people remember you when you drive like a prat... I was in a merge lane and the car behind me on the inside accelerated so I couldn’t move in... was forcing me into the lane of oncoming traffic, so I had to do an emergency stop.
The idiot has a personalised plate so it was easy to identify them (local to me as well, numpty!)

Back in the 80's i used to see a fiesta driving around Blackpool with the reg "U2"

Thanks for that :) The Cali is 68 & the Toyota 67 both with p plates on If we find a spare £799 we could put it on a retention certificate but that’s unlikely:thanks
Guess what? BE68 LES is also available - same price.

There is a couple in London, probably actors, who have two cars one with reg no 2 B and the other with NOT 2B. Both were parked in their driveway as I drove past.
Seen as you drive along Chelsea Embankment when I used to commute that way.

Some reason drivers may be being targeted is due to the unique and potentially valuable nature of the plate.

Sometimes the price of the plate can massively exceed the cost of the car.

:veryfunny:veryfunny:veryfunny:veryfunny

Like the vehicle the registration stays in your ownership. The theft doesn't constitute a change. The registration is far easier to recover the vehicle, probably less so.

No, in Daily Express world EVERYTHING is a crime waiting to happen to you. It's like living in an episode of Midsomer Murders. Be very afraid.

There is a couple in London, probably actors, who have two cars one with reg no 2 B and the other with NOT 2B. Both were parked in their driveway as I drove past.

I’ve seen those near the embankment!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew of two identical pale yellow Rollers on a drive in Essex when I was a kid: ‘NOT 1’ and ‘BUT 2’.

Couldn’t help thinking it was a bit like a personal advertisement to the taxman

I have 3:
D5ERT which I bought as was only slightly more £ than having a randomly allocated one when I imported a car years ago. Always worn.

OO04 AHH... I’ve no idea what possessed me to buy this 16 years ago but it’s never been worn.

BO11VAR bought it because I was involved in a mining business in South America. Never worn it. The biz closed.

I wonder where this plate frivolousness will take me next....

FR51EDS. Thought it a must :) people think van is in really good condition for age :)

Back