Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Personalised Plates

W

Wynney

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Guys,

Went to to Camper Mart at the weekend, and whilst it was mainly for mods / selfbuilds I personally love the show scene and tha community feeling of such events.

In any case, a number of vans there had personalised plates on, some very clever and suitable. Just wondered what people had on theirs?

Cheers

I have two plates on our two main cars reflecting main hobbies - one referencing skiing and one referencing water

Just Initials on 2 vehicles. Makes remembering the number easier for parking machines.

Care needs to be taken in complying with legal requirements on typeface-letter spacing and. manufacturers name etc.
Police are getting tough on this as NPR and speed cameras need standard plates. MOT fail if not complying.

We have 3 personalised number plates.

Hi Guys,

Went to to Camper Mart at the weekend, and whilst it was mainly for mods / selfbuilds I personally love the show scene and tha community feeling of such events.

In any case, a number of vans there had personalised plates on, some very clever and suitable. Just wondered what people had on theirs?

Cheers
Initials & numbers spelling a name :thumb

Initials and date of births of my daughter in several combinations on my three vehicles

I have 4 Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers and I have bred a couple of litters. But, another owner already has the “TOLLERS” plate...

I have 4 Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers and I have bred a couple of litters. But, another owner already has the “TOLLERS” plate...
We wanted something around Beagles but all the combinations had been taken :(

Its just another optional extra. Each to their own.

Grandpa managed to nab 1 BAR for £5 when it was first released. He died in 1975 and ownership passed to dad. DVLA Swansea were on strike at the time, and to transfer to another vehicle it had to go onto a car first registered in Hertfordshire the year the number was released. We ended up with a battered Ford Prefect bought for £100 with the number 1 BAR.

Dad has since sold the number. He refuses to tell me how much he sold it for, but I still keep a yellow and black 1 BAR plate to remind me of Grandpa.

I really need to put mine on, it has my initials and was taken from my Alfa Romeo.

We found that every time we got a new car some **** would put a dent in it in the first few weeks. Having a personal plate, ours is T reg, on our last two Cali's has possibly helped to save us from this annoying damage. Plus it's easy to remember and for some reason I find the new format of reg number to be much harder to remember than the old style.

We put TH15 BUG numberplate on our Cali and that has had a surprising amount of positive responses* . Not what I was expecting. Typically Adults, but you do see children pointing the vehicle/plate to their parents and smiling. / mouthing the words.

The number plate, whilst having a link to VW, was a reminder of our first Boxer dog. His name was Buddy but we would call him "Bug,Bug" with "Our Bug" being a term of affection. Hence THIS BUG. Sadly he passed away a few weeks before we collected the vehicle.

The V8 has V8 BUO. I wanted V8 BUD, which was available but wasn't prepared to pay 3k for it. Hence version O, which was £399.

*only one negative from a T2 owner who stated its not a BUG

Grandpa managed to nab 1 BAR for £5 when it was first released. He died in 1975 and ownership passed to dad. DVLA Swansea were on strike at the time, and to transfer to another vehicle it had to go onto a car first registered in Hertfordshire the year the number was released. We ended up with a battered Ford Prefect bought for £100 with the number 1 BAR.

Dad has since sold the number. He refuses to tell me how much he sold it for, but I still keep a yellow and black 1 BAR plate to remind me of Grandpa.
Wow, that would be worth a few quid now.

Means nothing to me! Hardly drink!
Probably worth at least 20k with the relevant paperwork!

I’ve got 3 plates myself..
2 *** (my initials)
2 *** (my sons initials)
2 *** (my daughters initials)

Unfortunately i can’t get hold of my 2nd daughters initials so she’s going to miss out! I wanted to name her to suit my initials but my missus wouldn't have it! :D:D

Means nothing to me! Hardly drink!
According to family legend, Grandpa could have had 1 CAR for £5 instead. He chose 1 BAR because he was a member of the Bar Council, a QC, and the Recorder of Rochester.

According to family legend, Grandpa could have had 1 CAR for £5 instead. He chose 1 BAR because he was a member of the Bar Council, a QC, and the Recorder of Rochester.

If only he had a tenner!
Great story.

Back