Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paint issues with new T5 Beach

J

JCUK

Anyone noticed paint coming off around the edge of the number plate light cover on the rear tail gate? I have a 2014 Beach with 3k miles and I've just taken it back to the main dealer. They immediately confessed that this was a known problem caused by slight movement of the number plate light cover that takes the paint off around the edge. I asked if there were any other 'known' faults but I was told they are not allowed to say!...This is an easy fix prior to any paint being affected, but unfortunately I now have to wait for a warranty decision and if successful, the whole tailgate has to be re sprayed. Has anyone else had this issue? Very disappointed with VW...Let's hope it gets rectified...

Just checked our Cali & my son's Sportline and neither seems to be affected.

Exactly where does the problem occur? Can you post a pic?

Colin

Around the boot release handle is quite a common area, replacement involves stripping the tailgate.

I had exactly the same problem, the van also had only done limited mileage. VW repaired under warranty and did a very good job on the repair (paint work), however they put a nice scratch down the door which they claimed was already there....
after a while the the same problem occurred even after the repair, I decided that the only way to to the job properly was to fix the issue myself. After removing the plastic light cover I found all VW had done was squirt soft mastic to space of the light cover from the paint, the mastic compressed over time causing the same issue. what a s**t job!
I cut a car inner tube up and glued the rubber to the inside of the light cover and reassembled, to this day 3 years later no sign of the problem reoccurring.

Back