Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tail Gate Paint Respray Under Warranty Beware

J

JCUK

I recently had to have my 2014 Beach tailgate re sprayed under warranty. There is a plastic number plate light cover that rubs against the tailgate causing the paint to come off by the corners directly on to the metal of the tailgate itself. I spotted this after about 3k miles and was told by the main dealer that it is a known fault. The re call requires a complete tail gate respray and a brush spacer fitted behind the number plate light cover to stop it rubbing on the tailgate paint work...you have been warned!

Thanks for the Heads up. Has anyone else had this fault?
I would rather pre-empt this and pop a spacer in myself, don't want to be going back and forth to the dealer as they are a long way away. If you get a pic of the spacer or part no. JCUK that would be good, good luck and hope they sort you out quickly.

Evening

Just washed JED today well over due and we have the same problem, paint been rubbed off the tailgate at each end of the number plate light holder...

Not happy easy to see as ours is Blackberry and this is the last thing i wanted to do being metallic always worry at how they will match it...

Shaun