Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Orange Air Bag Light on Dash

DessyParkerWigWam

DessyParkerWigWam

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Started up my T6 (2019) and airbag warning light came on and remains on...... Should I be worried? Is there an easy fix? Seems to be long waits to get it into diagnostics and repairs - and I'm about to go away in the van.

Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated

Most likely something has been disconnected in the airbag system. That light can only be re-set via the diagnostics even if/when the disconnection or fault has been fixed.
If you know what has happened and reconnected it someone on here with OBD diagnostics kit can re-set it for you. I can with VCDS.

Started up my T6 (2019) and airbag warning light came on and remains on...... Should I be worried? Is there an easy fix? Seems to be long waits to get it into diagnostics and repairs - and I'm about to go away in the van.

As long as the Warning light is On, I believe all the Airbags are Off.
As said above, the system can only be enabled once the fault is fixed.

Normally caused by the airbag cable being pulled tight when a seat is rotated. As others have said in needs someone to plug in a computer to reset the light once the cable is reconnected.

Normally caused by the airbag cable being pulled tight when a seat is rotated. As others have said in needs someone to plug in a computer to reset the light once the cable is reconnected.
Cheers everyone - you were spot on @andyinluton - in rotating the passenger seat the wire had caught on the rubber battery cover and been pulled out - the garage said this is common and the wire is too tight - he left the wire dangling loose rather than clip it back up - which he says should stop it happening in the future ..... £30 for diagnostics and the time for garage man to fix it .... so not end of the world

Back