Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Next years Beach

Hl All

I am just about to place my order for a Beach, just finalising all the add on bits, its amazing how the price racks up.

I have asked the sales guy to check the rummer regarding is VW offering Electric Hook Up on next years Beach.

If so i will be waiting until next year to place my order.

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer said:
Hl All

I am just about to place my order for a Beach, just finalising all the add on bits, its amazing how the price racks up.

I have asked the sales guy to check the rummer regarding is VW offering Electric Hook Up on next years Beach.

Kitesurfer

You can get it fitted under the bonnet with charger for 300, not worth waiting a year imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Bigbud

I asume this would be installed after purchasing from the VW Van Centre.

Or can the VW Van Centre do this

Kitesurfer

Bigbud said:
Kitesurfer said:
Hl All

Kitesurfer

You can get it fitted under the bonnet with charger for 300, not worth waiting a year imo

oh that's good to know - thanks...was getting a bit despondent thinking I ought to wait until next year, but sounds like I won't need to...

It's not a vw job, there's a couple of guys over on the t4 forum that will do it. You can buy the kit and do it yourself for less but I'd rather a professional do it. I'll post link and info tomorrow.

Where do you kite? Bit of a wind drought in the nw atm :-( got out on a boat for some wake boarding thou which will tide me over :-D

Kitesurfer said:
Hl All

Kitesurfer

what spec are you going for Kitesurfer? I've just pulled together my wishlist as well...as you say - amazing how the price suddenly goes up (especially when I've added in awning, bike rack, etc etc)!

Hi Maul2512

My wish list is as follows
Colour Dark Wood
Xenon headlights
Fog Lights
Climatic AC
Parking Heater
Drive Pack, inc MFSW
Laminated Priv-Glass & Windscreen
Mud Flaps
Bike Rack
Tow ball

Just had confirmation off sales guy that VW are offering Electric Hookup, so i will be adding this to the list.

?? Me thinking should I go for the SE

There is going to be a big hole in my wallet :shocked

maui2512 said:
Bigbud said:
Kitesurfer said:
Hl All

Kitesurfer

oh that's good to know - thanks...was getting a bit despondent thinking I ought to wait until next year, but sounds like I won't need to...

Just be careful re warranty if it's not fitted by a VW Approved person.
I mentioned to the dealer when we got our Cali that I would want to fit a solar panel and it was made very plain that any alterations to the standard spec would invalidate the warranty.

dave&jackie said:
Any one got any ideas what the other surprises that were hinted at may be ?

Very interested - i think this could be a massive hint on what is to come in the future, though, it could just be an update lol.

For me, the only thing I'd want actually, is the Electric Hook up. I'm not even that bothered about a Parking Heater though it would make sense to make it standard,

I do fear that some of the Beaches simplicity will be lost, for me, personally, that is part of the charm.

More things, more things to go wrong.

But it seems like they are going to make the Beach a much more appealing vehicle. It could be argued that they are updating due to poor sales, have to wait and see I guess.

James

longer version available next year! (announced in VW Amersfoort newsletter)
this is the option I missed most when ordering my Beach in December 2012

Waldo said:

You saying a LWB Beach...???
Imagine LWB, 230v hookup and parking heater, 3 seater on sliding rails fully kitted would be awesome...!!!

Soulstyle said:
Waldo said:

You saying a LWB Beach...???
Imagine LWB, 230v hookup and parking heater, 3 seater on sliding rails fully kitted would be awesome...!!!

Have to agree there - there's already masses of space in SWB :)

Mollen said:
Hi All,

A Link for the 2014 california.

http://www.volkswagen-commercial-vehicl ... 014-01.pdf

Page 29 for the info about hook-up for the beach.

Interesting. Looks like they've done away with the electric roof it's now manually operated (page 21).
They must've finally had enough of the warranty claims for torn canvas!
Also now has a heated rear window.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

are you sure it looks to me page 21 electronic roof Cali and man roof for beach. I do noteref to petrol engines but then no details with engine specs at end

Oh yeah i see it now. Didn't understand the coding under the pictures. Wonder if they've altered the canvas at all to ensure it folds in better?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No sign yet of pricing, we are now heading rapidly onwards a California and the "Edition" version looks ideal. Can't see the dealer having the info yet but this forum (been lurking and learning for a while) seem more informed than dealers.

Andy

HY09UMU said:
are you sure it looks to me page 21 electronic roof Cali and man roof for beach. I do noteref to petrol engines but then no details with engine specs at end

Two petrol engines outside of the UK - 150bhp and 200bhp.

Looks like they mention both.

Some of interesting facts - looks like they've bought in lots of the European options.

Also bought in Blackberry - the one colour that wasn't available to UK Buyers and they've also offered the Edition Van with the white kitchen, though not in Beach.

Underbody protection, chrome package, storage drawer are all LHD options that have not been available previously to UK buyers.

4 Style package looks smart - not seen this previously, I have seen it or something similar on the LHD only Multivan Pan Americana

Good to see some of the LHD leather seat options.

I see the electric hook up as an option for the Beach - I take it it will give you a control panel?

I like the look of the some of the new alloy wheels.

This is a kind of refresh but really it's an expansion on what is available to UK Buyers - though the electric hook up option on the Beach is new.

James

James

I am in the process of ordering a new beach with Hugh at SMG.
But still unsure if VW are offering an Electric Hookup on 2014 Beach, Hugh is trying to get confirmation.
So i am waiting until this is confirmed

Kitesurfer :?:

Kitesurfer said:
James

I am in the process of ordering a new beach with Hugh at SMG.
But still unsure if VW are offering an Electric Hookup on 2014 Beach, Hugh is trying to get confirmation.
So i am waiting until this is confirmed

Kitesurfer :?:

I've been watching the adverts and brochures for some time - I am none the wiser. As an example I would be amazed if VW offered its petrol Cali's in the UK - who would buy them? So i think the information is a little bit confusing.

I would have thought VW would offer electric hook up for the Beach - it would be a substantial change to the Beach - there would need to be a display - and an internal plug. You'd expect VW to mirror the set up on the full Cali.

I'd like to know about the hook up because I'd ask Alex to retrofit it to mine lol.

The brochure says it is available but is this a european brochure translated?

James

E-mailed VW Customer Care, to ask if the 2014 Beach will have Electric Hookup like the SE.

I was told that it was coming but at the moment they could not give a date, as VW are working on next years Specifications & not letting out any secrets.

I am going to give it a couple of months, to see what comes.

Terry

Back