Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie post

S

Seymour Butts

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi everyone, great forums and have learnt loads so far. Ordered a new 6.1 Ocean which should hopefully arrive next spring. Even after researching the options for many hours I’m still wondering if I’ve chosen correctly. Is it possible to change a order after the deposit been paid?

:welcome

You should be able to make changes to your order as you are still very early in the process, discuss with your dealer.

What options have you gone for, and what are you looking to add/change?

:welcome

You should be able to make changes to your order as you are still very early in the process, discuss with your dealer.

What options have you gone for, and what are you looking to add/change?
It’s the sports pack I’m dithering about not sure if leaving the bigger storage in the rear seat was the right choice. Got to a point where I was just overthinking it and wanted to get one ordered. And thanks for the reply

give some more detail and rationale as to what are your concern, you’ll get plenty of opinion.
So the sports pack felt like a lot of money to a already big money purchase but as it was already such a big purchase I kind of feel that I should add the options I want and it’s certainly the look I’m after but get the feeling I could of achieved said look for less but then I also I like the idea of a standard van to start with.

So the sports pack felt like a lot of money to a already big money purchase but as it was already such a big purchase I kind of feel that I should add the options I want and it’s certainly the look I’m after but get the feeling I could of achieved said look for less but then I also I like the idea of a standard van to start with.
You can add/remove options until you have a provisional build week. I added the sports pack basically for the wheels, quite rare and expensive if you can find black Springfields. You’d probably pay £2k w tyres, and yes then you’d have some Woodstock’s to sell for north of £500 but it’s a faff.
The black b-pillars, wing mirrors and undertray look great imo and prevent the need for aftermarket solutions/sidebars. The Z2C part of the pack was clarified to me, you can search for it using the magnifying glass above and read all about it - essentially about £800 worth of glass upgrades in the cab, laminated for better noise and presumably heat insulation. I think I’ll be happy when I get it, and with a c.10% drive the deal discount I felt I could spend on options it’s ‘free’ in my twisted logic.
Not sure when you mean about the seat storage -did you not spec the drawer under there? I did as I thought it more useful for us than a load through hatch. Expensive though...
All covered by a 5 year warranty makes me see it like you - go factory as far as possible.
What colour did you go for? I’ve never heard of/seen a two-tone with sports pack.

Last edited:
I added the sports pack basically for the wheels, quite rare and expensive if you can find black Springfields. You’d probably pay £2k w tyres, and yes then you’d have some Woodstock’s to sell for north of £500 but it’s a faff. You can add/remove options until you have a provisional build week.
The black b-pillars, wing mirrors and undertray look great imo and prevent the need for aftermarket solutions/sidebars. The Z2C part of the pack was clarified to me, you can search for it using the magnifying glass above and read all about it - essentially about £800 worth of glass upgrades in the cab, laminated for better noise and presumably heat insulation. I think I’ll be happy when I get it, and with a c.10% drive the deal discount I felt I could spend on options it’s ‘free’ in my twisted logic.
Not sure when you mean about the seat storage -did you not spec the drawer under there. I did as I thought it more useful for us than a load through hatch. Expensive though...
All covered by a 5 year warranty makes me see it like you - go factory as far as possible.
What colour did you go for? I’ve never heard of/seen a two-tone with sports pack.
I don’t think you can get the sports pack with the two tone paint, not compatible on the configurator anyway.

You can add/remove options until you have a provisional build week. I added the sports pack basically for the wheels, quite rare and expensive if you can find black Springfields. You’d probably pay £2k w tyres, and yes then you’d have some Woodstock’s to sell for north of £500 but it’s a faff.
Not sure when you mean about the seat storage -did you not spec the drawer under there? I did as I thought it more useful for us than a load through hatch. Expensive though...
That’s good to hear, thanks for the detailed reply. I’m definitely overthinking it. I’ve gone for a black van hence the black wheels and others bits.
re the drawer, yes I decided not to add it as a trade off for the sports pack, also binned off the shower too.

My advice would be go for it.
my thinking when I got my Cali 2 years ago was to have no regrets- most likely you will only spec a Cali from new once so have what you want.

with COVID and showers being closed the shower has been really useful (if a little chilly) - also good for dog too :thumb

That’s good to hear, thanks for the detailed reply. I’m definitely overthinking it. I’ve gone for a black van hence the black wheels and others bits.
re the drawer, yes I decided not to add it as a trade off for the sports pack, also binned off the shower too.
I went for the shower as we’ve got a little dog, be good to clean her and our cycles up sometimes I think. In the end I kept ticking boxes! I didn’t go for the 204ps engine or 4motion for fuel economy/emissions, or the heated windscreen as the parking heater I hear does the job of necessary, and I live in London. The one option I’d consider if you didn’t is the 80L fuel tank. It’s a cheap option and might save the day sometime with additional range or to keep the heating on

I went for the shower as we’ve got a little dog, be good to clean her and our cycles up sometimes I think. In the end I kept ticking boxes! I didn’t go for the 204ps engine or 4motion for fuel economy/emissions, or the heated windscreen as the parking heater I hear does the job of necessary, and I live in London. The one option I’d consider if you didn’t is the 80L fuel tank. It’s a cheap option and might save the day sometime with additional range or to keep the heating on
Cheers Tim, yes fuel tank is added and still undecided about the shower as watching some YouTube clips I think I’d be better with a aftermarket portable bike cleaner and it’s just me so I’ll have the space but the vw one is definitely neater.
‘I’ve got plenty of time to get this dialled in and love the process of research and making the decisions, especially with all the help I can get on this forum.

Back