Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New used California, but

SHedman2401

SHedman2401

Shedman2401
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We just bought a used one, 2012 but learned a little late about the roof problem with the blistering paint. Seems it has started on the passenger side. Off to the Manchester Van Centre this morning so I'll keep you posted! Other than that, a stunning vehicle, so well designed for the job! We have one Labrador that comes with us and she prefers it to my Land Rover Defender because she can sleep on a journey now!

Don

You should be covered by extended 6 yr warranty. If the Dealership quibble point them at the Forum and VWCS.

Welcome to the forum Don and to Cali ownership, our van is 2012 as well and we registered roof corrosion the end of last year and to not expect a fix for at least 18 months. We do not loose any sleep over it. It will be sorted and we get a new roof bellows out of it. I would so just get a letter vw HQ saying you are on their repair list this took a number of emails and phone calls to get ours ( I did not want to get 2 years down the road for VW to say they they do not have any record of my claim and have to start again).

Thanks so much for the friendly words. Manchester Van Centre body shop logged it this morning. Not sure what the depth gauge was about. If it has been repaired before can they reject a claim. The Cali was with VW in Newcastle for a year as a demonstrator before the chap we bought it from acquired it. He claimed he had nothing done to the roof himself.

How do VW get in touch and how long does it take?

Best Don

Welcome to the forum Don and to Cali ownership, our van is 2012 as well and we registered roof corrosion the end of last year and to not expect a fix for at least 18 months. We do not loose any sleep over it. It will be sorted and we get a new roof bellows out of it. I would so just get a letter vw HQ saying you are on their repair list this took a number of emails and phone calls to get ours ( I did not want to get 2 years down the road for VW to say they they do not have any record of my claim and have to start again).

Hi and welcome , i also traded my LR Defender for a Cali three years ago now and could not be more happy with it....!
Sorry to hear about the roofpaint problems , hope mine stays saved from it .
Do belive than any official VW dealer should and must do the nessecairy to solve it and get the repair done.

Hi Don

My van centre informed me that that VW had processed and accepted the claim. I started contacting VW about 6 week after that to get the claim acceptance in writting. I rather be in the possition that the corrosion present and fixed (or on the list for a repair) rather than it comming out my later in its life.
I am sure you will be covered fine

Back