Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Top Gear

I was dismayed that they have stuck 100% to the same format. A format that was getting really silly. This was a chance for some change - but they know what sells and didn't want to take a risk.

I was quite enjoying it until the moment they stuck pretend guns on top of two cars. Is this program for kids? Anyone with more than 10 brain cells knows one would have got a lock on the other in seconds. I find it patronising - and have done for the last few years. I've only kept watching it because I like Clarkson's humour (I don't however agree with him punching someone at work...).

I did like Leblanc - it's har not to. Evans is annoying, and frankly, too old!

Scrap it, start again and leave the old dinosaurs and stale presenters to the past (including this lot) where they belong and bring in a programme with relevance and resonance for people who want to enjoy cars and learn about them!

Thought it was more entertaining tonight.

Thought it was more entertaining tonight.

What was?

oh!

Understand now, there was another episode tonight! Frankly the only thing that made the last top gear amusing was a combination of Clarkson's outrageously large personality and even larger ego. The same programme with small personalities with over inflated ego's would be abysmal imho.

Last edited:
Just need Chris Evans to stop trying to sound like Clarkson!

Didn't do it for me this week. The 'routine' items all just seem a bit samey - lets all drool over a fast car. The big event based films are much better (I enjoyed last week's South Africa film). Not sure I will summon up the enthusiasm to watch next week.

I remember watching top gear years ago, but that was when it was about the cars and not all about the presenters. I wouldn't watch that junk if you paid me. But at least that Idiot Clarkson is off.

Still not enjoying it! I see the viewing figures have gone down each week! For me it is Chris Evans that ruins it, I won't be watching it any more.

I'll watch it but not fussed if I miss it.

Is it true that chris evans has a california and said its the best thing he´s had ?

I would´ve liked guy martin doing it with the wheeler dealers ed china and mike.

Is it true that chris evans has a california and said its the best thing he´s had ?

I would´ve liked guy martin doing it with the wheeler dealers ed china and mike.
I thought he had a Danbury LWB T5 conversion?

Agree, it is getting better, I only fast forwarded a couple of sections. Nice not to hear words like "co*k" being used too. :)

More Chris Harris and less Chris Evans would please me. I don't like that Evans character at all, very disturbing voice which I had problems hearing what he said.
Enjoying this podcast led by Chris Harris. Some good chat about campers, with Californias mentioned

Back