Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to California’s

Rebus

Rebus

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
No California Ocean yet. Order placed and expected delivery is May or June 2022. We did hire one for 11days very recently. Had a bit of a baptism by fire. Pop top kept dropping on one side unless you lowered it partially and reraised it. Also couldn’t lower the top on one occasion and had to disconnect the engine battery for 30 minutes which reset the master controller (tried it for 20 minutes and it wasn’t long enough) and the bellows detached in top left hand corner. All that being said, it didn’t stop us placing our order

Welcome, don't worry about the roof, a few do it. Mines in the process of being repaired for the 2nd time for behaving exactly like that.

Welcome, don't worry about the roof, a few do it. Mines in the process of being repaired for the 2nd time for behaving exactly like that.
Aaaahh don’t say that. I was hoping it was a one off . I’ve not heard of it happening before, and I’ve watched plenty of YouTube video’s

No California Ocean yet. Order placed and expected delivery is May or June 2022. We did hire one for 11days very recently. Had a bit of a baptism by fire. Pop top kept dropping on one side unless you lowered it partially and reraised it. Also couldn’t lower the top on one occasion and had to disconnect the engine battery for 30 minutes which reset the master controller (tried it for 20 minutes and it wasn’t long enough) and the bellows detached in top left hand corner. All that being said, it didn’t stop us placing our order
Welcome on board @Rebus . Now starts the loooooong wait. Well, sufficient on here to keep you entertained ... and maybe a few more hires in between for adventures and so when you get your van, you will be like a pro :thumb

Roof issue - not a common problem ... but annoying nevertheless. Happens especially if you are parked up at one location for an extended period with the roof open. We have not had the issue because we do not stay at a location for more than a day or two ... and also, when we leave the location for walks etc, close the roof. I think the adjustment is timed - 24 hrs (or is it 12 hrs?) from when you open the roof. So if you close it in between, the timer never gets triggered. (Someone with more experience will be along to correct the exact duration).

Welcome on board @Rebus . Now starts the loooooong wait. Well, sufficient on here to keep you entertained ... and maybe a few more hires in between for adventures and so when you get your van, you will be like a pro :thumb

Roof issue - not a common problem ... but annoying nevertheless. Happens especially if you are parked up at one location for an extended period with the roof open. We have not had the issue because we do not stay at a location for more than a day or two ... and also, when we leave the location for walks etc, close the roof. I think the adjustment is timed - 24 hrs (or is it 12 hrs?) from when you open the roof. So if you close it in between, the timer never gets triggered. (Someone with more experience will be along to correct the exact duration).
Hi. It was happening over night. Like you, we were moving campsite day to day. It didn’t seem to happen if I lowered it partially before bed and raised it again. But like I said it didn’t put us off

Welcome on board @Rebus .
Roof issue - not a common problem ... but annoying nevertheless. Happens especially if you are parked up at one location for an extended period with the roof open. We have not had the issue because we do not stay at a location for more than a day or two ...

We are not talking days for the sagging - couple of hours is enough.

Back