Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips and tricks & info. What I can share after a day at Camper Centrum Amersfoort, The Netherlands.

Hello @calibusje , I had a couple of questions from your very useful post above.

Do you have photos of the two small plastic cut-outs you refer to - the first for access to the blue cable to reset 'heat immediately' and the second to give better access to the manual override of a hydraulic roof?

Also, do you have a photo of the two screws to adjust the 'stiffness' of the sliding kichen doors? I cannot find these.
Hello; The first cut-out:
IMG_0466.jpeg
this is to make it easier to get to the blue plug if the previous remedies do not work (fuses). The blue plug would be the general fuse plug.
The second cut-out is not actually for the t6.1: apparently you can easily use the screw there to lower the roof manually (I have a Coast and a manual lifting roof anyway). I make that clearer in my original post, sorry for the confusion.
I make up for it with a recent tip I received (but does not apply to my Coast): when the roof is open, unscrew the plastic black plate (1 screw), and then you will see 2 sensors at the front and back on the lifting cylinder, coat it well with Vaseline to prevent problems with moisture and rust later. These regularly cause problems, so it is better to work preventively.
They are two screws next to each other at the top of the guide hook of the doors. I'm going to try to take a photo, but I'm currently sitting on a terrace drinking a bumblebee beer. It's the weather for it.

Edit: beer is out; have the photo. Not very sharp and not easy to get to: they are the two screws at the top of the guide hook of the doors. Tighten or loosen them slightly. You actually have to stick your head in the kitchen cabinet to see them (or use a mirror like I did for the photo).
@Viktorgeorge & @sagy
IMG_0471.jpeg

Last edited:
I think @calibusje is referring to the RCD (Residual Current Device) which is in the cupboard above the gas cylinder (in my T6.1 anyway). It is for when you have 240v EHU connected. There is a small test button on the RCD, which (only when on EHU) will prove it is working i.e. that human risk of electrocution is reduced or eliminated.
@BeeBee indeed, as @Viktorgeorge posted: that’s the one.

I think @calibusje is referring to the RCD (Residual Current Device) which is in the cupboard above the gas cylinder (in my T6.1 anyway). It is for when you have 240v EHU connected. There is a small test button on the RCD, which (only when on EHU) will prove it is working i.e. that human risk of electrocution is reduced or eliminated.
Thanks, we have a 2019 T6 Ocean, I’ll check it out see if it’s the same.

Hello; The first cut-out:
View attachment 114190
this is to make it easier to get to the blue plug if the previous remedies do not work (fuses). The blue plug would be the general fuse plug.
The second cut-out is not actually for the t6.1: apparently you can easily use the screw there to lower the roof manually (I have a Coast and a manual lifting roof anyway). I make that clearer in my original post, sorry for the confusion.
I make up for it with a recent tip I received (but does not apply to my Coast): when the roof is open, unscrew the plastic black plate (1 screw), and then you will see 2 sensors at the front and back on the lifting cylinder, coat it well with Vaseline to prevent problems with moisture and rust later. These regularly cause problems, so it is better to work preventively.
They are two screws next to each other at the top of the guide hook of the doors. I'm going to try to take a photo, but I'm currently sitting on a terrace drinking a bumblebee beer. It's the weather for it.

Edit: beer is out; have the photo. Not very sharp and not easy to get to: they are the two screws at the top of the guide hook of the doors. Tighten or loosen them slightly. You actually have to stick your head in the kitchen cabinet to see them (or use a mirror like I did for the photo).
@Viktorgeorge & @sagy
View attachment 114192
Thanks for all that @calibusje, really helpful stuff.

Back